Two stolen sleds

.08rider

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals from snow and mud, I always said it would not happen to me, now I just say F*#K!!! I showed up at the storage facility where I keep my enclocsed snowmobile trailer (lakeland peatmoss on 170 st and 137 ave) and the front door was cracked open at the top. The door levers were wide open and there were fresh tracks out of my trailer. Now I was with my 6 year old little girl and she had to hear somethings come out of daddy's mouth I never thought she would hear from me. Once I opened up the trailer I realized these were pros. They took my 08' rev xp 146" and my 96' formula Z and left my mod worth about 35,000.00. I beleive they left me the mod because of no quick sale. it is powder coated black and anodized orange, very unique and I beleive would be hard to sell. I use the large puck locks on my trailer and they just pounded off the rivets holding the flip down bar holder on. I lock both wheels and axles to the frame with Krytonite locks and chain , I never saw this coming, I did not think they would take anything other than the whole trailer. Three other sleds were taken the same night according to the tracks in the snow. They cut a hole in the chain link fence and rode away with my hard earned money. I walked around the whole compound and they had cut the locks off 30 plus trailers to see what was inside. they may have been more sleds gone as well, if you store your trailer there and did not get a call from carol I would race over there now to see if you need to call the police as well. This happened on the night of the 28th I was at my hoiliday trailer grabing a few of the things I needed on the 28Th and drove over to my sled trailer and all was well, went to pick up the sled trailer on the morning of the 29th and all was gone. These sleds did not have keys in them, so anyone thinking the DESS is total protection, they are not. they might have towed the xp with the formula, I am not sure. I know these sleds are gone, with a full scale robbery like this, I beleive them to be pros. Be carefull out there no matter how well you lock it up, they will take it if they want it. I was going to leave my trailer open with my mod inside and camp out with my 300 win mag for the night to see if they would return for it, but then i would br in jail for murder or two or three,or more, and if i did not kill them they would be out in less than a month, great legal system we have here, I think we should have public stonings in Alberta still, i think you would see alot less of this. Just give me an hour with these guys and the bolt cutters they brought to there party, I assure all of you they would never steal from anyone again, I would cut off everything that fit in the bolt cutters. And I mean everything.

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SHi$%Y man , Feel for you, Hope you find them, Do you have any pics so others and i can keep our eyes out , as well as any decals , markings etc

.08rider

Reaction score
The XP has no decals on the hood at all I installed the complete screen kit, handle bar bag, gas can and quick clickers. I do have some photos on my other computer, but it is just a run of the mill XP, the Z had a homemade back rack on it with a hitch for pulling icefishing tub to the lake, it was in mint shape, Yellow SLP skis and 1 1/4" track, pruple in colour, with all the stock decals , all in mint shape. Police were not much help, they said they were on their way for 4 hours, after that long of a wait i just left with the file number from the dispatch taking my only sled left. I do have insurance and have informed them of their loss. I might be having issue with them as the sleds were in a trailer on someone elses' property so I was told, the trailer and contents is also insured so I hope to make a complete recovery. It just makes you want to kill though, I tell you I would love to take these guys on a one way hunting trip, then post the pictures here for all to see!!!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks dude, merry effin christmas!!! I hope insurance is good to you.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to post the serial numbers. The chance of getting them back is slim but it could happen. I had a dirt bike stolen about 8 years ago, a KDX 200. I did get it back a year later, totalled.

Paininthe#$%

Reaction score
I had a four wheeler stolen and got it back two years later in better condition then when they took it.:rolleyes:
If they are insured you probably don't want to recover them anyway...

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss.This world is going down the toilet fast. I hope they get it in the end,so they know how it feels....dirtbags

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gee....and wasn't our police chief just on TV saying that property crime was down last year due ot the good job the police were doing. I can tell a lot of stories that would say otherwise. We are ALL victims of this type of crime. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. God himself better show up between me and the next guy that I catch trying to steal my ch!t or my neighbours chit. THAT is how we reduce property crime. Sorry....I just really hate this chit!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They say vigilante justice is not the way to go but I think a few punks with big casts where their hands are supposed to be would be a better deterant than what our justice system is doing............:twocents:

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that just revs me to 100,000 rpm's wen i hear more stuff has gotten stolen.. i'm terribly sorry for your loss.. there are some selfish friggen people in this world and they should all go to he**

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss........people we know had 2 dirt bikes stollen a couple years ago, they went to a bike dealer in Fernie with their insurance money to purchase a new bike and low and behold his one bike was sitting there on display for sale!!!!!

Keep an eye on the dealers in the area....get some pictures out there!! Hope you get this sorted out in a favorable way....:eek:

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
That just plain sucks!!! It is bad enough that a guy goes to work day after day, pays taxes on time and obeys the laws that our great country has made and this crap happens. I am going through the same thing right now! I am totally pissed off and I can assure that if I find anyone that stole a sled that they will need medical attention!!! I will be watching out for your sleds while I'm of the hunt for mine!!!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss........people we know had 2 dirt bikes stollen a couple years ago, they went to a bike dealer in Fernie with their insurance money to purchase a new bike and low and behold his one bike was sitting there on display for sale!!!!!

Keep an eye on the dealers in the area....get some pictures out there!! Hope you get this sorted out in a favorable way....:eek:

Ouch - not a very good dealership if they don't run serial numbers!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the link to the site that you can check serial numbers of sleds to check status? I saw on another sled awhile back and now cannot find Thanks.

Top Bottom