twin pipes for Summit 670

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i will stay away from the K&N and let the HAC do its job, but i think i will keeps looking into pipes, also going to add new bars, risers, scratchers, and who knows what else.

My sled as is has a MBRP can and was recently rebuilt top end, to what specs i don't know, but i am wondering that if i were to go to the hills for Mountain Mania, would i have enough sled to keep up to the pack? I was looking over the reply's and i would be classified as a 3, i have years of sledding experience but not in the hills.

my dad's heading up to mcbride for new years on an OLD SKOOL 87 indy 400, old as hell and short track, i hate it, but it's his choice not to get a new rig.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think i will stay away from the K&N and let the HAC do its job, but i think i will keeps looking into pipes, also going to add new bars, risers, scratchers, and who knows what else.

My sled as is has a MBRP can and was recently rebuilt top end, to what specs i don't know, but i am wondering that if i were to go to the hills for Mountain Mania, would i have enough sled to keep up to the pack? I was looking over the reply's and i would be classified as a 3, i have years of sledding experience but not in the hills.

You got nothing to worry about if you want to join us,I will likely be hangin out with the newby's and I'm thinking some will be a lot less experienced than you.My wife rides a 600 with a 144 track and its amazing where that thing will go!Your summit should easily go anywhere hers does,If not you may come home wearing a dress LOL!
catmando!

Rev It!

Reaction score
Hey, new to the site.
I was running my 670 last year with a 144 track and Jaws pipes. It did pretty good but I had to jet down when going to the hills. I think I ended up running # 370's in both carbs.

Sold it last year and bought a Rev.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't have to worry about the jets with the HAC should I?

Rev It!

Reaction score
Mine had the HAC but still ran too rich in the hills. I found that it didn't compensate enough. You can re-jet in about 10 minutes after you do it once or twice.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i seen a post for pipes on this site , someone want to go back to a stock pipe and had a set of twin pipes he want to sell. the guy looking to sell he twin pips is newfee, he is looking to go back to stock. he post is in the classifieds under snowmobile parts / looking for stock can ( i believe). hope that helps you

Last edited:

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i have messaged him about the pipes, the only things is that after looking at pictures of them I realized that they are drag pipes that do not have any silencers, i like loud but i don't think that that loud would be a good thing when using trails.

Snogix

Reaction score
Website
www.derrickdodge.com
My bro has the exact same sled as you, and you'll never know how amazing the 670's are, I have some mod sheets that will tweak that 670 to have as much power if not more than the 04 800 summit. And fairly inexpensive too.
If you port and polish and then get a smaller head gasket, huge gains, then you take your y-pipe and cut .5" out of it and weld it back together, and just keep the stock pipe and no muffler, just straight pipe it, it gives you the best gains. Oh and dump the HAC and just go with straight jetting, because the HAC just runs to rich, uses to much fuel and just works like crap. I have a performance configuration sheets for the 670 sitting in front of me, so i'll try and get it scanned sometime and send it your way. But if you do these things, especially the port and polish, that will make a huge difference. Oh there was also cutting your rotary valve as well, but it shows it on the sheet.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be great to see, for sure send them to me if you can find them!:headbanger:

sleded

Reaction score
it depends on where you are riding,jaws make a good set,but only for high elevations,crankshop work good,CPI are making a lot of horsepower along with gagne pipes,gagne are very hard to find and are very loud,i had a set and installed some jaws stingers on them to quiet them down,they made mega power.right now best bang for your buck would be CPI since thay are very cheap to buy brand new.

Top Bottom