Turbo vs Supercharger

confused?

Reaction score
what is better i have a phazer that i do everything with and normaly ride with a nytro i want something that will help me keep up. Which will have less stress on the parts and is better for money.

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet (and most cost effective) would be to sell the Phazer and buy a Nytro. You'll have a lot more dependability going that route. From all I've read the Phazers just don't hold up to the boost that well. Good luck!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like TomKat72 said, go to a nytro. Wider track and better motor.

But if you insist on keeping it personally I'd go turbo. Sure you get instant boost and have no real need to intercool with a supercharger, but when your at elevation where air is thin, your boost goes down with no way go gain it easily without changing pulleys. as where on a turbo you can gain your boost by adjusting your waste gate back to the PSI your tuned for.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with TomKat72 and suzuki_ryder on this one. A turbo or super system will cost as much to install as your sled is worth. Upgrade to nytro, the price difference between a used phazer and used nytro will be thousands less than a turbo/super system. You will have less hp with a nytro vs. turbo phazer but it will be stock, which means less maintenance and it will have a lot more potential for improvements down the road. You get a lot more hp for your $ when you turbo/super a nytro.

confused?

Reaction score
My friend rides a nytro and idk i just dont like it that much its heavy and i can keep up with him in trails no problem cuz the phazer is more agile i can also beat him of the start...

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the handling of the Phazer, I've got one and it's a fun sled to ride! Very nimble!

I think most guys will steer you away from turbo or super on a Phazer as they are not know as a good platform for these mods and generally not cost effective.

Having said that if you insist....I would lean towards super as your back east and likely trail riding with little elevation change in a day. They have great throttle response, which is nice on the twisties. With little elevation change you will not have to adjust the GEMS much, if at all, once it's set up.

I cannot comment on the Phazer but the install on my Apex was fairly straight forward.

Another thing to consider is a stock Phazer needs to run 91 octane. If you boost your going to need a head shim ($$ if your paying someone to install) or av/race gas (higher operating cost).

confused?

Reaction score
I hear ya on the handling of the Phazer, I've got one and it's a fun sled to ride! Very nimble!

I think most guys will steer you away from turbo or super on a Phazer as they are not know as a good platform for these mods and generally not cost effective.

Having said that if you insist....I would lean towards super as your back east and likely trail riding with little elevation change in a day. They have great throttle response, which is nice on the twisties. With little elevation change you will not have to adjust the GEMS much, if at all, once it's set up.

I cannot comment on the Phazer but the install on my Apex was fairly straight forward.

Another thing to consider is a stock Phazer needs to run 91 octane. If you boost your going to need a head shim ($$ if your paying someone to install) or av/race gas (higher operating cost).

did u upgrade any parts on ur phazer... idt i will super or turbo it but i wanna put in intake moduels move my speedo, new track, maybe skis, clutch kit?, and exhaust.

Top Bottom