Turbo Skid Setup

shady280zx

Reaction score
Very nice, well considering I already bought the Iceage rails and the anti stab kit, the upgrade seems logical, thanks for the post.

lorne1176

Reaction score
Have you considered KMOD, just another option. From what I heard is better then Timbersled and similar pricing if your looking for a cheaper alternative from the Racers Edge.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If money isn't the question, I would without a doubt go to Baker. Just look at the sleds on Boulder, what are most of them running? Ask Neil Mcleran or Randy Swenson what they suggest.I don't have much experience with the other skids out there, but have Daryl's on my sled. Dramatic improvement and easily adjusted.

shady280zx

Reaction score
If money isn't the question, I would without a doubt go to Baker. Just look at the sleds on Boulder, what are most of them running? Ask Neil Mcleran or Randy Swenson what they suggest.I don't have much experience with the other skids out there, but have Daryl's on my sled. Dramatic improvement and easily adjusted.

I hear where your coming from but the biggest point is this is a boondocker not a chute puller. I have very little interest in highmarking etc, so it needs to be playful. I finally got this sled out and it is working great. The 163" is going on right away, poor little 155" and all that power. The skid was certainly overwhelmed when making some steep tree pokes and sidehilling. I didn't ride my friends (same turbo setup,) 163" but he had no complaints. I will put the 163" on and test it out before I make my decision but I can't see that little of track change making a huge difference. The KMOD looks great as well. The only reason I am leaning towards the Timbersled is it is a bolt in kit for my setup, and for the type of riding I do a good option. Most fun I have ever had on a sled, the HM kit is unreal!

Top Bottom