Turbo Skid Setup

shady280zx

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just curious what you guys are running for your rear skid with a pump gas turbo? I will be running a 6psi setup, roughly claimed 190hp. I have the following parts to install (currently a 155".)

Ice Age 163" Rails
Extroverts
Anti Stab Kit
5.1 163" Track.

I don't think a person should need a complete new rear skid with this setup. So where to start setting up the stock skid? Adjustable limiter strap in the front? Limiter strap on the rear scissor? This will be a boondocking sled, making nice but not crazy hp. This is all new to me, any info is appreciated.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a race gas turbo, at 10lbs. Haven't changed anything major on the rear. A little tweaking with the suspension, but that's it. They are so good these days.

shady280zx

Reaction score
Yes I agree they are great out of the box. I spoke to the guy who put my turbo in, they have been putting a limiter strap on the rear of the skid and an adjustable one on the front. The rear limiter is supposed to help so you don't have to tighten the front as much. Any thoughts on this setup?

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got a boost it turbo kit in my 2012 pro with a 163 running 6.5 pounds of boost and I can't keep the front end down at all , boost it has a kit to fix all that I'm picking up mine on Tuesday

shady280zx

Reaction score
Any info on what they are doing to the skids? Jake I was the one who bought your track!

shady280zx

Reaction score
It's a racers edge rear set up with elka shock , works great as I'm told

I can't really dig much info up on that. What did it run you price wise? If I am going to go all out I may go with the timbersled skid or just the rear arm.

400hp

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358658317.492066.jpg

Racers edge 174....your gonna have hard time keeping front end down with a turbo 155

shady280zx

Reaction score
Looks good! Can you steer me to any info on the setup?? As stated I am converting to 163, not ready to commit to the 174". Maybe if I go 240 hp. Anyone running a stock skid?

400hp

Reaction score
Just buy racers edge rear arm... Ice age 163 rails work good, u use the stock Polaris front arm and shock, this will make huge difference from the stock 155.
Boostit has a 13 pro 163 low boost kit running stock rear skid.... It wheelies and struggles in trenches made from other sleds. Pretty sure they will be putting racers edge arm in soon

400hp

Reaction score
All depends what you want your sled to do, if you like cat walking then leave it alone... If you wanna be able to climb then you gotta spend $ to make it right.

shady280zx

Reaction score
Well I do like to wheelie....but yes I do want a sled that can perform as it should. $'s aren't a problem I just don't want to throw money at something if it is not required. But from what I gather most are saying it is. I will explore the racers edge option, curious why everyone recommends it over the timbersled? I really like what I read about the timbersled.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I do like to wheelie....but yes I do want a sled that can perform as it should. $'s aren't a problem I just don't want to throw money at something if it is not required. But from what I gather most are saying it is. I will explore the racers edge option, curious why everyone recommends it over the timbersled? I really like what I read about the timbersled.
Daryl is a local guy, builds top quality products and it works. Customer support is great as well. I think you would be happy.

shady280zx

Reaction score
should have known looking at the area code. Well now it makes more sense, sorry I just was trying to find a webpage or a review but could not.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should have known looking at the area code. Well now it makes more sense, sorry I just was trying to find a webpage or a review but could not.

Yeah last time I checked they didn't have much of a website. To busy building stuff I guess. Lol.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not to difficult to understand but if you search youtube for timbersled somewhere on there it shows how a coupled suspension works and why. Sooner or later you will want one with the turbo set up. 60 degree slope and skis two feet in the air makes for 80 degree angle on your sled and your out of control. I run the Timbersled skid but wish I ponied up for Racers edge both work well but racers is better IMO.

shady280zx

Reaction score
Its not to difficult to understand but if you search youtube for timbersled somewhere on there it shows how a coupled suspension works and why. Sooner or later you will want one with the turbo set up. 60 degree slope and skis two feet in the air makes for 80 degree angle on your sled and your out of control. I run the Timbersled skid but wish I ponied up for Racers edge both work well but racers is better IMO.

If I wasn't running on satellite internet in the field I probably could of done just that. I am sure you are correct, I will be getting a lot of days in, in the weeks to come and can go from there. Those CMX Turbo's are looking cheaper and cheaper all the time ;)

Top Bottom