Turbo golf cart!

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my friend are planning on putting a 250cc quad engine in my golf cart. does any one have any tips like where we should mount the engine. and what the easiest and cheapest way to do his project. And how we could put bigger tires on it. is it even possible? any help will be greatly appreciated.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Can't help with the engine placement but would highly recommend a Helmet and Tek Vest....something bad is bound to happen.

Me and my friend are planning on putting a 250cc quad engine in my golf cart. does any one have any tips like where we should mount the engine. and what the easiest and cheapest way to do his project. And how we could put bigger tires on it. is it even possible? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding??!!! i was thinking roller coaster restraints!:d

whats a tek vest?

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbour told me of a story of him and his brothers doing that to a golf cart.He said it was blast until at 40 mph when the rear axle broke and they went for nice tumble down the road.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy put a 583 rotax in a golf cart up in High Level. it lasted one summer before it fell apart. what a blast....:d

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbour told me of a story of him and his brothers doing that to a golf cart.He said it was blast until at 40 mph when the rear axle broke and they went for nice tumble down the road.

well i suppose a larger axle is needed... or the harness, roll bars, helmet, neck brace, holy **** handles and a seatbelt on top of the harness, and a plexi shield. whichever is cheaper!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have the quad rear end, I would use that if possible. As far as the motor placement if you could "back half" the quad and use the motor mounts it may be easier may have to space out the wheels. Nothing that a sawz-all can't cure. Good luck

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr. Sledbunny in regards to the Teck Vest, which model do you wear? I was on their web site and they make about four different models (Pro-Lite-SX, Trail Pro, Free Style, Rally Sport Off Road). I am not that an agressive rider but have found my self going sailing over the handle bars a few times and I figure a Teck Vest would be good insurance against broken ribs. Sorry for hi-jacking the forum but would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks,

Billy Boy:cool:

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its ok billy bob. i wouldnt mind hearing sbr's oppinion either.

i will post some before photos, i have another 250 engine thats still in the quad frame but we took all the plastic off. i will post some pics.

Top Bottom