tunnel bags

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
ok probably a stupid question. Will the HMK larger shovel w/ saw fit into a
Burandt tunnel bag for my Polaris pro RMK?
Do you all carry your shovels in your pack or your tunnel bag? I want to lighten my pack up and buy a tunnel bag.
any pros or cons here? still a newbie sledder here and love reading and learning from you guys out there!!
thanks in advance.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
ahh will have to check out both then didnt know they offered two? more studying... also like the mtn addiction bag. like that burandt bag has cool pockets and sections

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a Skins tunnel bag, look into that also. It's really nice. I'm happy with my Burandt but it does bounce around a fair amount when it's just being held by the quick connectors.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
I like the Mtn Addiction bag and the E - Series Elevation bag yet the E-series is always sold out as this might mean its a good one after many years out. Didnt think the burandt bag would flop around yet I can see it happening boondockin some pow

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you all carry your shovels in your pack or your tunnel bag? I want to lighten my pack up and buy a tunnel bag.
any pros or cons here? still a newbie sledder here and love reading and learning from you guys out there!!
thanks in advance.

what year is your pro?.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks in advance.

Probe and main shovel should be in pack.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probe and main shovel should be in pack.

I'm surprised it took this many posts before someone wrote that. Like sledneck says, shovel and probe should always be in your pack incase of an Avy and you make it out, but your sled is 6 feet under snow or other instances where you need it. I'd put other items in the tunnel bag to lighten it

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: GRD

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised it took this many posts before someone wrote that. Like sledneck says, shovel and probe should always be in your pack incase of an Avy and you make it out, but your sled is 6 feet under snow or other instances where you need it. I'd put other items in the tunnel bag to lighten it

Sent from my iPhone

X2 , I have my shovel, probe in my backpack , but I also carry a shovel in my tunnel bag for quick access for when we get stuck ( and need to trim a tree ) 😊

Sent from my iPad

Flyer

Reaction score
toyman2k, are avalanches a hazard in WI? I wouldn't discount the threat from some good sized hills, but possibly a probe and shovel are not necessary in the terrain you ride for rescue purposes. Do you wear a beacon? I assumed from your post that the shovel was for digging yourself out of being stuck. I've flown to Oshkosh several times and didn't see much for hills, but maybe it's more rugged than it looks.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
No I keep my sled in Colorado by winter park. dont ride in WI its boring bar rides. I can see where I would want the shovel in my pack versus on the sled so I will put spare in pack and main shovel with saw on sled. use beacon when with my pro riders and need to buy one of my own. IMG_2615.jpg IMG_2565.jpg

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't already have the Burandt bag i would highly advise against it. One of the worst accessories i have ever purchased for a snowmobile. I finally got sick of mine and put on a mountain addiction setup with the large bag on one rack and dual gas cans on the other. Much better setup in my opinion.

And yeah, i would say the right thing to do is keep your navy gear close (in your pack) and the rest of the stuff on the sled.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image-10.jpg

I use the slim tunnel bag, snaps on easy, low profile and still fits lots of stuff. Had the same type of bag on my pro. I carry my shovel on my back but this holds a shovel as well. Its all a matter of personal opinion and how much stuff a person carries. I throw my first aid kit, tow strap, some tools, duct tape and other misc stuff in the tunnel bag. My lunch and safety gear go on my back as I can't live without that stuff.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I keep my sled in Colorado by winter park. dont ride in WI its boring bar rides. I can see where I would want the shovel in my pack versus on the sled so I will put spare in pack and main shovel with saw on sled. use beacon when with my pro riders and need to buy one of my own. View attachment 182787View attachment 182788

Please don't be putting your main shovel on your sled for your pro riders sake..

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bungee strap over burandt bag works good hold it from flopping or falling off been running mine for 1000 trouble free miles like that

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bungee strap over burandt bag works good hold it from flopping or falling off been running mine for 1000 trouble free miles like that

I ended up taking the stupid quarter turn fasteners off of mine and bolting it down which helped a lot. I still did not like the bag at all even after that though so after 1700km i decided it was time to get rid of it and get something better.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
ok looks like the Mountain addiction is at top of the list. So I can add a large bag and then later if I want can add extra gas cans and they both fit. good to know. dont like the straps running over tunnel vs. using the tunnels channels and going to add a Powder jack as well. and I will keep my shovel on me in my pack. and THANKS the MAN for more studying thought I looked at them all now this powderkeg looks sweet

Flyer

Reaction score
I ordered two Powderkegs for our T3s. They arrived on time. I bought the combo with the fuel tank and gear in the lid. I'll mount them tomorrow.

I elected to buy the Ski-Doo specific ones instead of waiting for the new universal fit model. I figured made to fit the specific machine would be nicer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom