Tundra wheel studs too short?

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I have an 08 Tundra Crew Max with a pro comp 6'' lift and after market wheels. I got the tires rotated the other day and the tire shop said there was hardly any threads sticking through the wheels. He said it was not enough and was dangerous. Anybody else have this problem with a Tundra? We bought the truck from the dealer like this, I think they should fix it?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its probably because your aftermarket rims are thicker than the stock rims where the rim bolts up. Wheel studs usually only cost a few bucks each. ask your dealer if the have longer ones that you can order. Don't think they will fix it on their dime though.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Its probably because your aftermarket rims are thicker than the stock rims where the rim bolts up. Wheel studs usually only cost a few bucks each. ask your dealer if the have longer ones that you can order. Don't think they will fix it on their dime though.

Even though the truck was in thier showroom dressed up like this? we didn't even get the stock rims and tires with it.:( Oh well.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id make em pay for it its their responsibility to sell you a safe vehicle, think if that wheel came off at 120km/h i know of an instance where a lifted pickup had a couple bolts that werent tightened come apart on the qe2 and the company bought a new truck and replaced the aftermarket stuff, plus a little extra cash, that tech doest work there anymore.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is that the stock wheel nuts have a shank on them and the aftermarket ones don't. You should be able to go to a reputable tire shop and find the right lug nuts. You most likely won't be able to find longer studs for the Tundra, and if you can it will be from ARP and you'll be paying $10/ea

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i didnt clue in that the dealer sold the truck dressed up. Ya they should pay for it for sure.

.08rider

Reaction score

WOW!!! We have a genius here on snow and mud!!! Great investigative work Watson, not one person here would have this figured out without your post!
Well done!! Sorry VERY WELL DONE!!

Top Bottom