Tundra or Tacoma??

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MSRP - 38 grand, they can mark up and sell Tacoma's in this good of shape for 39 or 40 easily, they can't keep Tacomas on the lots they go like hot cakes. All 2010 Tacomas (by the way they are manufactured/built in California) are pre-ordered before they are even built, I would be on a waiting list to get a 2010..but I am happy with what I got. So considering I paid just over 35 g including GST, I am considering it a reasonable deal. OH ya.. plus free maintenance. Wicked truck, perfect for what I need it for..hauls all my toys and gets me around the city without burning too much fuel!!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here she is!

Attachments

• The Tacoma 011 (2).jpg
    The Tacoma 011 (2).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 17
  • The Tacoma 004 (2).jpg
    The Tacoma 004 (2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 21

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your happy that's all that matters. But holy crap that is a lot of cash for that truck! You can almost buy a new 1 ton diesel for that :eek: I didn't know they were that popular you don't see many around here.

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your happy that's all that matters. But holy crap that is a lot of cash for that truck! You can almost buy a new 1 ton diesel for that :eek: I didn't know they were that popular you don't see many around here.

They are very unpopular in my town. Tons of cash on the hood and still people won't take them. But it does look good with a bike in the back!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they were that popular either, until I tried finding one (for a reasonable price that was still semi-new) Get this, I actually shopped around at several dealerships for used Tacomas, they had a few lease backs, with 50,000 km or so and they were still asking $37,000! Beleive or not, as crazy as it seems, these trucks sell for big $$$ still, and people are actually paying the money for them, Toyota Tacoma has the highest resale value of any other pickup truck (including Tundra), so considering I paid $35,000..im laughing. Depending on the market economy in a couple years if I decide to sell, I could probably no doubt make my 35 g back, depending on the condition of course. I'm not a biased person when it comes to vehicles, I had a dodge and chev pickup way back but it just made sense to go with a Toyota. It may be an import name, but lets face it..this truck was NOT designed to be driven around in Japan lol! I have never heard anything bad about Toyotas, everyone who owns a toyota loves them and they do last forever so lets just hope with the newer models this holds true as well!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they were that popular either, until I tried finding one (for a reasonable price that was still semi-new) Get this, I actually shopped around at several dealerships for used Tacomas, they had a few lease backs, with 50,000 km or so and they were still asking $37,000! Beleive or not, as crazy as it seems, these trucks sell for big $$$ still, and people are actually paying the money for them, Toyota Tacoma has the highest resale value of any other pickup truck (including Tundra), so considering I paid $35,000..im laughing. Depending on the market economy in a couple years if I decide to sell, I could probably no doubt make my 35 g back, depending on the condition of course. I'm not a biased person when it comes to vehicles, I had a dodge and chev pickup way back but it just made sense to go with a Toyota. It may be an import name, but lets face it..this truck was NOT designed to be driven around in Japan lol! I have never heard anything bad about Toyotas, everyone who owns a toyota loves them and they do last forever so lets just hope with the newer models this holds true as well!!

Yea that is a lot, I don't get why people would pay that? I bought a 1 ton diesel with 95,000km that was 3 years old at the time for $36,000, and only payed that because it has every single option and looked like it was brand new, and searched forever to find one that had everything I wanted. I wouldn't pay the same price for a 1/4 ton gasser. Granted when I bought trucks were a lot higher priced, but still.

I know many people say they are a lot relieable but I don't see it. Every vehicle is nuts and bolts, one company ain't gonna make a better u-joint etc for one brand.

Any vehicle looks good with a sled/bike in the back. Except a stinking chevy! :p

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest catch is in the resale value, it's known fact a Tacoma will hold value a lot longer then any domestic pickup, so they can sell it for more because you willmake more in the end if you decide to sell it. When it comes to manufacturing, I don't have a clue - all I know is that Toyota is "suppose" to last longer, and for the most part they have held true with the older ones. But the Tacoma doesn't suit everyone, but it suits me and my lifestyle and no other truck can compare to what I want/need right now. I'm not sure about Dodge or Ford, but Chev & GMC doesn't lease vehicles anymore - Toyota LOVES leasing vehicles because they are still making big bucks off their lease buy backs, because they know they have the highest resale value... domestics however... can't make dick all off used trucks, too bad for them I guess. I leased my Toyota, only knowing that I can either A) make my money back or more in a few years if I decide to sell, or B) I will love this truck so much that I will buy it out for 15g and I will still have an awesome truck!

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That seems so crazy that they are so high. I don't think that you will make your money back in a few years, but resale seems pretty good for them. And for reliability, they seem pretty solid talking to people that have had them for a few years. Tundras are a whole different story. So it's good you went for the Tac :p

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, might not make it all back, but hey..if they are still selling 2007 lease buy backs between 30-37g now from a dealer, and like I said it all depends on the market a few years from now, selling privately as long as it is in good shape I don't doubt I will get close..considering I got it cheaper to begin with, I believe my truck was listed on the website for about 38g. So, like ive said I am not complaining I paid 35 because right now it seems 35 grand will get you a 2007 with almost 100,000 km! or, a regular cab with less options... I think they are ridiculously priced too, but if Toyota can't seem to keep them in stock (especially the TRD's) then obviously they wont be budging on price any time soon.

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking, are you getting it rust proofed or has it already been done? Don't want the new truck to rust a few years down the road.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont let them get to you Lady Dirt,let them buy there big domestic trucks because there cool,I have a f350 ford aswell but I drive my Yota way more,to me they ride the best and have plenty of power compared to anyother 1/2 ton,my buddy with the new f150 even admitted he wished he got one,another girl I no just traded her new Dodge (just over ayear old) on one and she loves it way more,she says theres no coparision in ride and quality of biuld.I no Ill be ruffling some feathers on here but hey Im just talkin from experience(had all of the big three at on time or another)and my Tacoma is the best new truck Ive had.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont let them get to you Lady Dirt,let them buy there big domestic trucks because there cool,I have a f350 ford aswell but I drive my Yota way more,to me they ride the best and have plenty of power compared to anyother 1/2 ton,my buddy with the new f150 even admitted he wished he got one,another girl I no just traded her new Dodge (just over ayear old) on one and she loves it way more,she says theres no coparision in ride and quality of biuld.I no Ill be ruffling some feathers on here but hey Im just talkin from experience(had all of the big three at on time or another)and my Tacoma is the best new truck Ive had.

I don't think anyone was bashing the brand. Just saying that the priceing is stupid compared to other trucks. I wouldn't even think of trading my Dodge 3500 for another brand, when you hook up a trailer you know why you bought a diesel. I am running 38" tires on stock gearing and I can still smoke gassers like nothing :d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to each their own, I don't need a deisel nor do I need a big truck to pull anything more than a couple dirtbikes, a utility trailer and at times a 20' holiday trailer. I know lots of people as well who have traded up their domestics for a Toyota and haven't looked back... sorry, but you just can't beat quality..you get every bit of what you pay for! I'm not dissin Dodge or Chevy either, they are great for towing and all that, I dont much like Fords but my point is that I dont need a $40 -50,000 dollar domestic truck that wont be worth ch!t in a few years if I decide to get rid of it and I also don't need a V8 gas guzzler especially when 75% or more of my driving is in the city. Like I said before the Tacoma is PERFECT for me..may not be so for ppl who need to haul huge loads, but i'm still willing to bet that the Toyota will be on the road a lot longer than any domestic :) There may come a day when I require a bigger, full size pick up well then I will just trade my little taco for a Tundra!

Top Bottom