Tumbler ridge

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Left Tumbler at 4:30 this morning.... No snow laying in town but it was pounding down. There was maybe an inch or so laying coming through the pass on the Dawson side, and still dropping hard....

IT'S COMING!!!!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the email i got the other day.

Attachments

• TRBear611.jpg
    TRBear611.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 92
  • TRBear111.jpg
    TRBear111.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 79
  • TRBear211.jpg
    TRBear211.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77
  • TRBear311.jpg
    TRBear311.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 72

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i say eat or be eaten, good bear how tall and what was its weight?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that is from a few years ago, that bear streached out could look in your upstairs window of a average house "according to email I got" He's a monster.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here I found part of the EMAIL
Subject: Alaskan Hunting Story (JPEG: Alaskan Bear & Paw)
This bear was killed by an airman from Elmendorf on Hitchenbrook Island. The bear stood 12'6" and estimated over 1600 lbs. The airman was walking to his hunting area and the bear boy stood up only 35 yards away. The bear dropped down and charged straight for the Airman. He unloaded his gun and the bear fell 10 yards from him.

The following pictures are of a guy who works for the forest service in Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Griz charged him from about 50 yards away.

The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag Semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The thing was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head. It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12'6" high at the shoulder.

It's a world record. The bear had killed a couple of other people. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it.

Think about it. This thing on it's hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and could look on the roof at eye level.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here I found part of the EMAIL
Subject: Alaskan Hunting Story (JPEG: Alaskan Bear & Paw)
This bear was killed by an airman from Elmendorf on Hitchenbrook Island. The bear stood 12'6" and estimated over 1600 lbs. The airman was walking to his hunting area and the bear boy stood up only 35 yards away. The bear dropped down and charged straight for the Airman. He unloaded his gun and the bear fell 10 yards from him.

The following pictures are of a guy who works for the forest service in Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Griz charged him from about 50 yards away.

The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag Semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The thing was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head. It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12'6" high at the shoulder.

It's a world record. The bear had killed a couple of other people. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it.

Think about it. This thing on it's hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and could look on the roof at eye level.

thats once huge bear wow

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that thing is awesome. I'd s in my pants if I saw that thing runnin at me, gun or not!

m7mod

Reaction score
ya thats a huge bear my cousin go malded by a grizzly it weighed 1000 pounds and 10 feet it finaly did shoot it that was in Bear lake B.C.

m7mod

Reaction score
you can see pics of it on sentanal mountain safaries it is on its hind legs standing beside him stuffed

croc_j2001

Reaction score
This is a big bear no doubt, but the measurements are way off. Don't believe everytyhing you read in your email. Look at the Boone and Crockett record book. If this thing was as big as they say it would have shattered any record yet the record from the mid 1950's still remains and that bear was way smaller than they say this one is.

Top Bottom