TSS pipe and can combo

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Killin 872's with the pipe and a couple other mods for less than half the cost.

works good, totally different machine in comparison to stock and when comparing the a slp pipe kit.

i did a couple things to quiet it down significantly. I would I'd recommend the pipe kit.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not crapping on any product, but just because it's a 872 or any BB if it's not clutched properly it's not worth a chit. I can see you said about making clutching and gearing changes also, did you use those? How would it have worked if you nevered though? Too many people out there think just because they buy a pipe or a BB kit that the machine will be totally different. Yes there are kits that come with clutching etc. Kits that recommend clutching, but a lot of times people won't add the recommended clutching or plan on doing it later. I've killed a lot of BB and ported engines with my stocker because they were not set up properly. Do you by chance know how the 872 was set up or comparing to other sleds? A good pipe that actually works throughout the entire power band for the etec would be fantastic. Thanks for the feedback too, was waiting to hear on this set up.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just looking for good hard facts. Oler by a lot of your posts you seem like the guy to provide these facts that's why I'm asking the questions. Too many guys crap on products when in fact it wasn't even the products fault. So just looking for your opinion which we have about the pipe, now curious to figure out how the 872 was working?

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Got 650km on my T3 now, TSS pipekit and clutching along with C3 belt drive. Really nice improvement over stock. Awesome throttle response really snappy.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am by no means crapping on a 872 product, just stating o have beat a couple here or there. So I have logged 800km so far on this setup this season. I will fully say in my opinion this is not a low elevation pipe. My sled "feels like" it runs less than stock at any under 5000ft. Also, peak power is right at 77-7800 rpm. 8000 and your loosing track speed. This year I have dropped 60lbs of final force on the primary, running clicker 1 vs clicker 3, stock pin weight, and a 20 top gear. Not a major change but enough to say the least. All this being said and setup at 6500ft. Remember we're only talking 6-8hp. Right now I feel it could easily pull another 1 gr of pin weight. When chopping the throttle it easily recovers rpm.

Overall for gearing a 21/20 top gear would be a user preference, they both work great. I have tried a 22 top and it's not so hot. I have tried primary springs as low as 130/200 up to my current one 130/290. I think the final spring I will settle on will be a 130/260, 1 gr of pin wieght, and settling on clicker 2.

with all this said I have done other things to further enhance the sleds performance increase the efficiency of the Machine so DO NOT give all credit to a mere pipe kit. Overall the sled has lost 33lbs over stock and is incredible consistent. As for the melted over flow bottle above, that was a concern for me as well but not had a issue yet.

my testing grounds has been at bumper deep or deeper snow, nothing less. Track speeds on avg are around the 53mph mark to use as a benchmark. Also keep in mind post 10 of this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom