TSS pipe and can combo

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
I got mine sitting on the shop floor waiting to go in my T3 this weekend, everyone I have talked to loved the setup. Few guys have left the clutching stock other have added a clutch kit. I'm waiting for Roosters T3 kit to come out. Talked to Tyler from Hickshow him and Cam ran the TSS pipe and can combo all last year on their freerides both really liked the setup. Was told to watch the exhaust sensors tend to come loose and watch the pipe springs for breaking. Bought my setup from Riderz in Edson, great service.

Was wondering if anyone has any solutions to the sensors coming loose? Locktite seems useless on the exhaust.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$950. Just put one on.... It is loud, with the side dump exhaust system the can area has decreased a lot in comparison to a stock pipe with there can. Has a really pingy sound to it.

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
$950. Just put one on.... It is loud, with the side dump exhaust system the can area has decreased a lot in comparison to a stock pipe with there can. Has a really pingy sound to it.

You do anything with your sensors to avoid falling out or just tighten the hell out of them?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do anything with your sensors to avoid falling out or just tighten the hell out of them?

The 15's come with at bendable lock washer on the suitcase. Buying a couple of these for both sensors would help the problem. My sled with the pipe can combo had the pipe sensor fall out last season. You certainly have to watch them.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fit n finish, to be honest it looks like a create of pallets fell on it. It's really not the greatest. The connection at the y-pipe was screwed and I had to shim the pipe up with a bump stop. And the can need adjusting where it mounts on the frame. The connection between the can and pipe, well I hope it doesn't leak.

As for those lockable washers, they require a flat indent to keep them from spinning, the pipe and can don't have the indent there just solid round. So I did nothing but screw it in tight and a little anti seize.

Last edited:

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Yeah, the TSS exhaust has dents everywhere for clearance. Can tell its a hand made pipe, hopefully mine fits decent, will find out this weekend. Might use a Dremel and make a notch on each sensor bung so I can use lockable washers.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fit n finish, to be honest it looks like a create of pallets fell on it. It's really not the greatest. The connection at the y-pipe was screwed and I had to shim the pipe up with a bump stop. And the can need adjusting where it mounts on the frame. The connection between the can and pipe, well I hope it doesn't leak.

As for those lockable washers, they require a flat indent to keep them from spinning, the pipe and can don't have the indent there just solid round. So I did nothing but screw it in tight and a little anti seize.
yeah fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. run one last year throttle response was very good ,pretty loud , had some cracks show up on the ears that hold the springs on the pipe and the can . ears also where put in the wrong spot ,so i had to run a double donut to keep the springs tight.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow .. $950 for shoddy workmanship, sensors coming undone, having to mod and adjust things to make them fit, super loud, and good throttle response? Pretty sure throttle response is pretty damn ****ing good with the factory stuff and it cost ya nothin extra !

phew .. glad I'm keeping mine stock

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow .. $950 for shoddy workmanship, sensors coming undone, having to mod and adjust things to make them fit, super loud, and good throttle response? Pretty sure throttle response is pretty damn ****ing good with the factory stuff and it cost ya nothin extra !

phew .. glad I'm keeping mine stock
First, I have a lot of respect for the aftermarket guys They have to build stuff that sees a wide range of conditions and be able to exceed the work the factory has done. No small feat.
However, if I shelling out $950 and the setup is still using the stock clutching, you are not building anymore power than what you had. I would hope it would pull a gram or two more for the money. If your top end RPM is the same using the same clutching components, any gains have to be purely mental from the increased noise.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First, I have a lot of respect for the aftermarket guys They have to build stuff that sees a wide range of conditions and be able to exceed the work the factory has done. No small feat.
However, if I shelling out $950 and the setup is still using the stock clutching, you are not building anymore power than what you had. I would hope it would pull a gram or two more for the money. If your top end RPM is the same using the same clutching components, any gains have to be purely mental from the increased noise.

When i i talked to them about this they said to add a min of 1.5-1.7gr weight, lower final rates on springs, as well go from a stock 2.68gearing to a 2.40ish range. They said on the dyno they were seeing around 6-8hp gain, bigger numbers for mid range. Rpm range they said was 77-78, 7900 tops, anything past that it's falling off hard. So if what they say is true and I am making more power, I don't really give a crap about fit n finish. Functionality is number 1. Talked with a couple guys in cranbrook and they noted the midrange was a lot more than stock. I will find out on the weekend of nov 15. Me and a buddy are going to do a direct swap of pipe and cans on the mountain, that wil break all rumors

edit... Let me add as well when talking with the boys, they were working on a tunnel dump version of the pipe can setup to help reduce noise for all the old farts. They were expecting it to be out around late JAN/ early feb.

Last edited:

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking forward to your comparison i agree with rotax kit
if im putting that cash up i want to see a diffeance or i will just put the can on,
a direct comparison would show the differance
let us know

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Well fit was the same for me little off, the pipe and Y-pipe connected great but the can and pipe connection is not the best but ran it for a bit and did not leak. The can needed the frame mount bent to fit, still not 100% happy with it. Everything seems really solid after mounting. I'm going to be carrying a couple extra springs with me this season as a couple of the springs seem like they are stretched pretty tight could possibly break.

Talked to TSS about sensors falling out, last year was a problem. I guess the switched to a different style bung this year and haven't had issues yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom