Trygstad 872r at Yamafest video

kneebar

Reaction score
Yeah im a little nervous doing mine just don't want to ding anything up when trying to get the pistons threw
When I said I dropped it off and picked it up, I meant the whole engine! I left him my complete engine and he installed everything except the V-force reeds. I then took it to a shop to install because I was too worried about screwing something up.

marchuk

Reaction score
Yeah talked to dave last night he said its pretty easy slipping it back together
excited to get it all back together and see what kinda diffrence i get

kneebar

Reaction score
Hey kneebar what kinda fuel and mixture are you running ?
I put 2 gallons vp 111, 1.2 liters of oil, and the rest premium to every tank. The best way I do it is I have a 20 liter jerry can with 1 gallon marked on the bottom. I pour 1 gallon race gas first, 600 ml's of oil, then top it off with the premium. It mixes real nice and I never bugger up the mixture. I don't know if everyone mixes like this, but it works for me.

kneebar

Reaction score
Do you have to run oil pump delete with this kit ?
Not that I know of. I asked Dave if I should get it, and he said he likes premixing better. I suppose more accurate? So I went with the oil delete and I really like it. Seems to use less oil than with the oil pump too. I did whatever Dave suggested. I even have the stock muffler on it!

mx100

Reaction score
Not that I know of. I asked Dave if I should get it, and he said he likes premixing better. I suppose more accurate? So I went with the oil delete and I really like it. Seems to use less oil than with the oil pump too. I did whatever Dave suggested. I even have the stock muffler on it!

That is interesting, when I talked to Dave about building an 872, I asked about the oil pump and he said I would be best to leave it on. Something about the main bearings will not get lubed as well without the pump on. maybe I misunderstood him, but I am definitely going to look into it.

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Great question on the oil pump status on the 800R series engine, We normally recommend to leave the oil pump on for most applications except limited use vehicles or racing, One of the issues with this gen engine is that they have increased the bearing diameter and also use only one slot on the rod to oil bearing which allows less oil in bearing area, The inj nozzle applies oil directly in rod bearing area through the single slot, We do see reduced rod bearing life as other reputable crank rebuilders state also, Oil pump maintained with light premix seems to be the best of all worlds which also adds mixed oil along with fuel when running@ applies a nice blend of oil directly to the intake side of the piston hence better piston life,

mx100

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Dave. I think a little extra pre-mix would go a long way.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Hey Highvoltage, silly question, but when and where is the forum ride? And Marchuk, I pulled the whole engine out in the spring and when I finally sent the engine away it was November and I forgot how everything went back together so I had a local shop install it. I never had a sled engine out before anyway and left it up to the pros to install it.
The snowest forum ride is in Sicamous, Eagle Valley Lodge form March 7-9. Peeps staying at lodge and at the Best western in Sicamous.

marchuk

Reaction score
newsled.jpg Finally got the sled finished 872 with the team clutching from dave ran great.Dave was awsome to deal with really happy with it would reccomend it forsure

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Marchuk
We have some updated clutching components for the Team setup that were tested late last season, Give a call or email and I can send them up along with a spec sheet for you to try the new setup and with no charge of course for updates,
Dave trygstad

marchuk

Reaction score
Its a 2012 white free-ride and the hood is out of the states company called brtech makes them in all different colours and thanks allot dave will be giving you an email asap dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom