Trygstad 872r at Yamafest video

kneebar

Reaction score
I didn't see too many videos of the 872, so here are a couple of me doing some climbs at Yamafest this year. I don't know how to load videos so go to youtube and type in "Yamafest 2013 872 big bore" and "Yamafest 2013 872 big bore over sugar bowl". There's a decent rollover in one video. Enjoy.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Cool seeing an NA doo where you usually only see turbo 4 strokes.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Awesome.....I love my 872 with 163x3".....can only imagine what your sled will do. What kind of track speed you getting?

kneebar

Reaction score
Hey highvoltage, the climbs I did in the video I couldn't look at the mph because things were happening really fast, and I didn't look down, but anything in sugarbowl was about 53-54 mph with the 7 tooth drivers, whatever that works out to be. This sled kicks ass!

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Thats awesome man....we r very close to trackspeeds. The 872 really does rock and with a few sled mods there really is no need to dump 15k on a new sled. I have tried a whole lot of different clutching and really like what I am running...we should chat some time !!

kneebar

Reaction score
Hey Marchuk,
I have 160/290 (i think but pretty sure) primary spring with 16-17 grams pinweight, stock secondary spring with shockwave straight ramp helix set at about 38 degrees and dynamo joe mountain ramps. My gearing is 20/49 with 7 tooth avids.

marchuk

Reaction score
is this the sled i seen last year at the cabin with the 146 sticker on the tunnel?

marchuk

Reaction score
Ohh how long did the kit take to return once you sent it out sending mine out this morning

kneebar

Reaction score
Ohh how long did the kit take to return once you sent it out sending mine out this morning
My brother actually dropped it off at Dave's shop. He was passing through Minnesota and dropped it off. When he was on his way back, he picked it up. I think it was five or six days.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ape

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Nice setup....never tried the 290 finish. I run a 350 finish with 441 ramps and 14.5 grams. If we ever hook up we can swap primaries and see the diff. We must compare selds...come to the Canadian forum ride this year !!

marchuk

Reaction score
When you put your kit in did you pull the whole engine or was it pretty easy getting it back in ?

kneebar

Reaction score
Hey Highvoltage, silly question, but when and where is the forum ride? And Marchuk, I pulled the whole engine out in the spring and when I finally sent the engine away it was November and I forgot how everything went back together so I had a local shop install it. I never had a sled engine out before anyway and left it up to the pros to install it.

marchuk

Reaction score
Yeah im a little nervous doing mine just don't want to ding anything up when trying to get the pistons threw

Top Bottom