Trygstad 872

TJ 800

Reaction score
Anybody running 872 trygstad with summit etech 800? 13-1 compression. I was told to run 20-30% 110 race fuel with 91 in alberta and straight 91 when in mountains. Anyone differ with this? What would you recommend?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pm Younggun on here. He ran one for a couple seasons and it pulled really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry young-gun

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 872 r so not etec but i just started it for first time i was told to run 20% race fuel/premium combo so i assume i have the 13-1 aswell and it ran awesome very responsive very snappy and pulled hard also mixed 350 ml of mixing oil to be safe i know its not etech but hope this helps

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i run in sask is the 20% i will be running 94 when i go out west

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by Dave trygstad I only needed premium fuel. But I mixed a little av gas, just cause I don't trust pump gas.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T3 Ride Reports - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

AQuote:
Originally Posted by caper11
I believe your missing something tho, if the mapping is that much better in the 15 stocker than the 13 stocker, than I would expect a 872 in a 15 to work that much better.

No I got it, your point is valid but my point is that if a simple map change from the 13etec to 15etec makes an 872 look bad then an 872 is not that strong. I'd expect an 872 regardless of year etec to be more impressive then a stock 800

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas being so marginal these days I'd run straight av gas, then you know your safe and I think chasing two gas stations and mixing isn't worth saving a buck or two

TJ 800

Reaction score
Ya I just talked to him about it, which he tells me to run 110 in it. Gonna run some anyway as I don't trust pump fuel either.
Don't think I would spend the money again on this set up again, not worth the dollar for the small performance this kit adds. They also said I would notice a lot smoother running machine.. that's bull **** to.
Turbo next year.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I just talked to him about it, which he tells me to run 110 in it. Gonna run some anyway as I don't trust pump fuel either.
Don't think I would spend the money again on this set up again, not worth the dollar for the small performance this kit adds. They also said I would notice a lot smoother running machine.. that's bull **** to.
Turbo next year.
A 13-1 motor wont even run at elevation with 110.

TJ 800

Reaction score
So you figure run premium fuel in it around Edmonton and up in valemount?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you figure run premium fuel in it around Edmonton and up in valemount?

I have had a lot of BB's and over last 5 or so years fuel is always a problem with performance engines.
I would add some real good fuel around lower elevations.
Higher you will be fine with good premium .

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo next year.

i sure hope your wrong about the small gains this is the only review i have ever read of someone that wasnt impressed with there 872 i havent had a chance to ride mine enough to notice but it sure seemed responsive and snappy hope to line it up with a stocker to see what kinda gains there actually is

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of clutching did u go with? For now i just added as much weight as i could to my original DJ set up and it pulled hard and didnt over rev i hope to see more gains once i get some stiffer springs from joey

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
i sure hope your wrong about the small gains this is the only review i have ever read of someone that wasnt impressed with there 872 i havent had a chance to ride mine enough to notice but it sure seemed responsive and snappy hope to line it up with a stocker to see what kinda gains there actually is

See this is my issue I am interested in an 872, but for the price to get just a snappy response not interested. I have not yet once seen that convincing O man got to get a big bore over a stock sled performance. Yes the big bore pulls harder then a stock sled but enough to justify the cost ? Does it mean I got to just take a second run with my stocker at the hill to get where the big bore went first pull ? With how clean the new turbo setups are running I think I'm going that route, where I have a range of horse power to choose from and will out perform a stocker with no problem. Will I sacrifice a bit of low end clean throttle response probably.

TJ 800

Reaction score

Don't get me wrong it makes difference, I like the performance, just saying for a little further reach in the pocket a guy could get a whole lot more. I am in the same boat as you haven't really rode it enough. I am heading up to the mountains soon and will be riding with a different variety of summits from 2014 to this year models. Should know then if this kit is worth it. My bad I should stayed on the fuel topic and left the performance out for now

TJ 800

Reaction score
what kind of clutching did u go with? For now i just added as much weight as i could to my original DJ set up and it pulled hard and didnt over rev i hope to see more gains once i get some stiffer springs from joey

Went with the team set up. That's what was recommended. Not exactly sure on the weight and springs. finding out now.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find the biggest issue with the 872 is the clutching being offered, I confidant there is a lot more to be gained with the 872 if the sled was clutched better.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much gains can one expect from some port work and 10% or so increase in displacement?
Hate to use LHF as an example but his billet 1160 with good gas is only rated at 205 HP from Sever, how much do you think can be had from an 872??

Top Bottom