Truth about the Honda Foreman

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me thinks mudding is outside the purpose of such a machine and a large waste of time and money if you think it is. it is a farm and work vehicle and as such it excels. biut it has big offroad limitations. same as a rzr, wildcat etc sucks big as a work vehicle .

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are fine off road, just not meant to be in the muskeg. they are great if you use them for what they are for. not uncommon to see a foreman for sale with 10, 12 even 15000 km. the foreman reminds me of the big reds but with 4 wheels..lol

i always see them on the survey company trucks, it makes sense.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They suck in a lot of other places beside skeg.....For example anywhere you need TRUE 4x4. Or where the ruts are too deep and your hung up on the solid axle with no ground clearance. Or a LOW range to pull something ETC ETC.....

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They suck in a lot of other places beside skeg.....For example anywhere you need TRUE 4x4. Or where the ruts are too deep and your hung up on the solid axle with no ground clearance. Or a LOW range to pull something ETC ETC.....

i have no issues using it what its for. and can manage to keep it out of the ruts as well....try driving on top of the ruts...you'll be amazed!!...lol
hondas quads and side by sides arent in the high performance catagory like their bikes are maybe one day they will make something like a rzr. that would be nice:)

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting home is a crap-shoot though....

My polaris' have always gotten me home Dave. Your BRP bias will not change that, even though I've towed BRP products home more than once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while I agree theres alot of better "fun" quads out there, having a low range isnt an issue when you have a manual or electric shift model. Unless first gear isnt low enough for you? lol

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while I agree theres alot of better "fun" quads out there, having a low range isnt an issue when you have a manual or electric shift model. Unless first gear isnt low enough for you? lol

first gear is not needed unless your working it, like bulldog low in the old Chevy blazers

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My polaris' have always gotten me home Dave. Your BRP bias will not change that, even though I've towed BRP products home more than once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
My bias has nothing to do with brand name and everything to do with SxS....ANOTHER in a long list of rides this past weekend scarred by waiting for broken SxS's.....

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bias has nothing to do with brand name and everything to do with SxS....ANOTHER in a long list of rides this past weekend scarred by waiting for broken SxS's.....

What happen to the sxs ? Just curios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 1984 big red is still running great, just got finished putting bearings in my sxs and changing out the winch as well as putting in extreme sport antifreeze in to keep it from over heating and changed out the fuel pump. Lots of tools to work on that sucker, sooner do it at home than a mosquito infested swamp. Has BRP over taken the rzr's yet or will that be next year?

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that's funny.....Popo sells more rzrs than the entire BRP 4 wheel line up.
Many times over.....

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing tows like a 500 Foreman. They do not over heat and you can go as slow as you want over rough terrain. A lot of the high powered twins do not like that and neither do most of the big singles. The new 2014 with locking diff does work very well and seems to have a bit more power. Climbs steep hills easily in 2nd gear. Turns 27" tires with ease and is dependable!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was not talking about sales, just handing out an ass kicking. The 450 foreman tows quads out great too on a hot muddy day at slow speeds.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must be unaware of the fact that the fastest stock quad & SXS are both made by POPO...........LMFAO.

Yes but does your honda tow quads out on a coolish but breezy & dry day.............

Speaking of AZZ kicking ,it must feel great that no matter what quad pulls up beside your trusty Honda (yes ,even a kymco) there is a 100% chance it is gonna kick your AZZ in all terrain........ Add to that the fact your honda lasts 30 years,i figure your gonna have a sore but hole for decades.........

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet you would be surprised what that 1984 honda will do in 4 feet deep water crossing and going over snow in the spring time. But i usually do not ride honda, they are too dam rough.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must be unaware of the fact that the fastest stock quad & SXS are both made by POPO...........LMFAO.

Yes but does your honda tow quads out on a coolish but breezy & dry day.............

Speaking of AZZ kicking ,it must feel great that no matter what quad pulls up beside your trusty Honda (yes ,even a kymco) there is a 100% chance it is gonna kick your AZZ in all terrain........ Add to that the fact your honda lasts 30 years,i figure your gonna have a sore but hole for decades.........

cause quads were built for racing... lmao!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHH i see if it is faster than a Honda its one of them dam race quads............

Not all quads were built to ride over cow pastures all day long...So Raptors,ex 400s,renegades,etc etc are work quads..............

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get over it... yes they are not fast nor were they designed for it... Polaris are poo poo's i'd never get caught owning one... ok thats a lie i'd by a sxs... but the other garbage you can keep...ok... if you buy their flag ship you may be ok... Honda's are bought for a diff reason... my point i don't buy a quad for racing... i like exploring finding new areas ect... Honda's get you there and yes they run for years you can pass me all you want... i got two wheels for speed... my training wheels are for hunting and exploring... all of which i want bullet proof, no slipping belts and good on gas... all that points to a HONDA... i have a Yamaha... wife wants one im hoping she takes mine so i can add a HONDA to the stable... when the zoombies attacks you'll wish you had a honda... lol

you are correct... raptor and renegades are not a working machine... but hey the OP was asking about HONDA"s so that tells me utility... sorry to race quad owners... they are a blast but a diff beast

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet you would be surprised what that 1984 honda will do in 4 feet deep water crossing and going over snow in the spring time. But i usually do not ride honda, they are too dam rough.

everyone says that... i don't get it... if i sit on any quad its rough... in the rough stuff i like to stand so it doesnt matter... standing is why i bought a yamaha over a honda... fit way better... the honda bar's are too low... Honda has the best transmissions in the market... never require service... my belts on the yamaha have proven great so far...

Top Bottom