True or False?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one im questing ur guyses opinions on.
http://imageshack.us

On this snowmobile(2004 800 Polaris) I've been looking at he has removed 3-4 large decals off the hood, and 1 of the reflectors is missing. He also put an extra strap part way up to the front, he said that extra strap near the front on both sides is to help keep the hood together incase of a roll over? True or False, Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and respond.

This is an example of a brand new one from Heaven.
2004_14_800rmk.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
True.... My 670x summit mod has them and it is tried and tested, believe me! Put them on after the 1st hood disintigrated rolling down a hill.... Put the straps on and it held together for 5 slow rolls.... Only minor paint damage and a w/shield, instead of buying another hood. Lots of guys delete decals partially or completely, as it gives a sled an original look.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the underside of the hood to see if it had been broken and plastic welded back together. The hood looks ok from the pic and I had also added straps to one of my older sleds for the same reason.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for ur replies, makes me feel more confident in my purchase. I will definately look out for those welds brew_doo.

Top Bottom