True 2013 sled weights

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We busted close to 40 lbs of ice out of the skid of a buddy's 900 RMK a few years ago but that was the most ice I'd ever seen built up in a tunnel. Hard to see that there would be room for over twice that much in there.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its an issue for you to wrap around, why not spend the money and buy aftermarket?
Wrap around??:confused:

No issue. I have them-in fact I had them months before I even recieved my sled. And I had them on my '04.
Just saying if they do such a good job of helping to keep things cool why not make a smaller cooler and make scratcher's standard like they are on other sleds? I'd rather have scratchers and a lighter sled with a smaller cooler than the other way around.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will go on record that there is no 47-90lbs of ice build up on a sled. Maybe they were pouring concrete in the gas tanks under the tree?

Polaris2012

Reaction score
LBZ I could be wrong but i don't think the scatchers are for cooling the motor I believe their intended purpose is to keep you from burning up hyfax on packed snow.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do both.
Seen it personally on my '04. Sled ran cooler with scratcher's down on the hard pack then it did with them up. Then fins aren't big enough to work as just an air cooled cooler alone and be efficient. And then you put jerry can and tunnel bag on top of it so only one side is open to the air-you need the snow.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LBZ I could be wrong but i don't think the scatchers are for cooling the motor I believe their intended purpose is to keep you from burning up hyfax on packed snow.

If your implying polaris...your wrong!!! The poo pro will over heat the engine before melting hyfax on the trail almost everytime!!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your implying polaris...your wrong!!! The poo pro will over heat the engine before melting hyfax on the trail almost everytime!!

Absolutely ! On both my '06 900 RMK and my '12 Pro, the scratchers will lower the engine temp over 40*F on packed trails.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like that doo handled better then the flickable polaris......

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like that doo handled better then the flickable polaris......

And so it should.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358662289.567241.jpg

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno. They all looked like they handled fairly well but in snow that deep it's tough to pick one over the other.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it did look like it was carving better. polaris looked like it struggled.
I noticed too....the cat and doo were holding a steady line there in one spot while the poo was bobbing closer to the trees....looked too....flickable?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the vid again.. Just a tad doctored..

It's amazing how the snow doesn't even stick to the fabric storage bag on the cat... but the snow is just packed on the other 2 sleds behind the seats...

Just an observation..

well,my guess is.... if there is no heat warming up the tunnel like on the Cat, snow will not stick as much...right?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would be mistaken in that belief. They do both. Critical on the pros to keep the motor from overheating on the packed trails

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well,my guess is.... if there is no heat warming up the tunnel like on the Cat, snow will not stick as much...right?
That's right.

Or if the entire tunnel was heated, it would all melt off.
It melts off about an inch or two on either side of the cooler on the Doo so even if they ran a couple aluminum tubes for coolant to circulate through in the corners on the inside it would cut down on ice build up. Or cut down on the length of the cooler like I said before and add scratchers.

Top Bottom