Trucks with lift kits

summit06

Reaction score
I just need to vent a little on the trucks with lift kits. I don't mind if they have them but they should finish the job before they take them on the rode. Today coming from the golden area a truck possibly a ford pulling a black trailer that was being followed by a h3 hummer pulling a black trailer also. rode my a** going through field his head lights and the driving lights were right in my mirrors as they were the same height as my truck and I was driving a 3500 dodge. Just comon curtisty when these guys trick their trucks up that they finish the jobs. GET A HEAD LIGHT AND DRIVING LIGHT ADJUSTMENT. Other than that they look good when done properly.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about all the beamers and audis that are coming with factory hids that blind me.

Not to disagree, but I guess I am (sorry). I find the factor HID to be adjusted quite well and not be a problem. What I find really bad is the after market HID. They are down right illegal as far as I am concerned, they can really blind you bad.

Also, did any one else notice there is a brand of pickup now on the road with stupid bright OEM rear tail lights? It's like the brake lights are on at all time. It's hard on the eyes and if they do hit the brakes then it really blinds you.

since we are venting and all...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol dont have to appologize no one ever agrees with me LOL

i did notice the land rovers have rediculous tail lights. actually hurts the eyes. only saw a few of them. what pickup are you talking about?

i never understood the hid thing. and im talking about rice rockets too. how many of those cars and trucks are on a dark highway every day anyways. even if they were i would prefer to install some big external lights on a switch. thats what i have always done.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I just need to vent a little on the trucks with lift kits. I don't mind if they have them but they should finish the job before they take them on the rode. Today coming from the golden area a truck possibly a ford pulling a black trailer that was being followed by a h3 hummer pulling a black trailer also. rode my a** going through field his head lights and the driving lights were right in my mirrors as they were the same height as my truck and I was driving a 3500 dodge. Just comon curtisty when these guys trick their trucks up that they finish the jobs. GET A HEAD LIGHT AND DRIVING LIGHT ADJUSTMENT. Other than that they look good when done properly.

I gotta say...guilty here too. Asked the guys who installed my lift to adjust them but nothing came of it. I will get them done soon and feel for those I am driving behind. Flame away!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Any vehicle I ever owned it took about 5 minutes and a screwdriver to adjust headlights......just my 2cents

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i am guilty too on this my leveling kit in my 08 tundra made my bad headlights worse, i am just not sure how to adjust them. need to figure that out though

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have adjusted mine and I usually even turn off my lower driving lights when getting close to someone or when theres traffic coming at me. Ive seen several cars and trucks that have there headlights so far out it isn't funny, ones shining up and the other down. Also I put large mud flaps that look decent on my truck to keep the rocks and spray down, Ive noticed alot of trucks without them so they can show there big boots..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im running semi flaps aswell.

the other thing to remeember is alot of these trucks lights may be aimed correctly but when having a heavy load like a sled trailer or deck they will be quickly out of aim

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol dont have to appologize no one ever agrees with me LOL

i did notice the land rovers have rediculous tail lights. actually hurts the eyes. only saw a few of them. what pickup are you talking about?

dunno for sure. It's always dark and I'm not familiar enough with the newest ones to tell. It's a pickup though and they always look brand new and I have only noticed this in the last two months, I would say they are 2010 model.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea a lot of the newer cars are just as bad, or the idiots who leave their high beams on. My worst gripe is the idiots who flash you because they think your high beams are on :rant:

My truck is lifted and my lights are adjusted, nor as far down as stock because I can see better the way I have it.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the mud flap thing, that's the worst I find. I always find a way too deal with the light, but the rock chips is a different story. I only have a 4" lift, and my mud flaps are good. Mud flaps.....

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
im running semi flaps aswell.

the other thing to remeember is alot of these trucks lights may be aimed correctly but when having a heavy load like a sled trailer or deck they will be quickly out of aim

YEP, I turn the air up on the bags, that helps, thanks for that information, forgot to mention that.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt it law to have mud flaps on trucks .... lights mine are not adjusted they are pionted down as it is and i still get peeps that dont like them, i put 7 leafs in the back for my welder but only needed 6 leafs and i never anded a leaf in the front but that will done this summer.... well i will be putting fog lights on my truck so everyone that i meet up with that run fog lights with no fog will get a good blast

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its funny, even the cheapest $hitbox rental car in Eurpoe has headlight adjustment in the cab (I guess because a 5lb suitcase in the trunk changes the angle). Why in the hell can't they put them in vehicles here? Frickin $10,000.00 Opal I rented last summer had them(Made by GM).

Top Bottom