Truck Tires

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had real good luck with toyo m55, great gravel tire mileage is excellent, if you rotate tires. dealer claims the toyo m/t use the same tire compound, have not tried yet. Toyo a/t not worth the money, no mileage and not good on gravel.
For my money BFG a/t, BFG MT ARE CRAP.
they are a hollywood tire not made for gravel, mud yes mud, they only work or get traction when new. after 20,000 they are worn out at $300 + each they are junk. They sure look good on the high priced pavement pounders but put a little mud, gravel, or heaven forbid water, have JOHNIE'S TOWING ON SPEED DIAL, AS HE WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND.
BFG STANDS FOR BIG FRIGGIN GYP.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had real good luck with toyo m55, great gravel tire mileage is excellent, if you rotate tires. dealer claims the toyo m/t use the same tire compound, have not tried yet. Toyo a/t not worth the money, no mileage and not good on gravel.
For my money BFG a/t, BFG MT ARE CRAP.
they are a hollywood tire not made for gravel, mud yes mud, they only work or get traction when new. after 20,000 they are worn out at $300 + each they are junk. They sure look good on the high priced pavement pounders but put a little mud, gravel, or heaven forbid water, have JOHNIE'S TOWING ON SPEED DIAL, AS HE WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND.
BFG STANDS FOR BIG FRIGGIN GYP.

I agree with you here i had a set of bfg muds and yea on snow i thought i was going die 360 after 360. gravel the rear end would slide out on a corner mud they loved the mud like a pig in chit.

spike7ss

Reaction score
Ive gone throught many brands and types of tires. Ive had Goodyear Wrangler MTRs, which were a decent tire in mud and snow, but being a softer compound they wore out quick on my heavy trucks. Had bridgestone duelers, they were an okay road tire, not great off the pavement.

Im running toyo open country MTs on my 1 ton diesel right now, I have over 40,000kms and am almost at the halfway remaining mark. They are a great tire, there was a little road noise, but im use to it. They were pricier, but they are a load range e tire, and work very well in all the conditions i have put them through. I would definatly buy another set next.

chaser

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback. I have an 08 F350 and its time for tires. The truck came with 275 70 18, I do not go off roading and have no plans on lifting the truck, but i do want a little bigger tire. I'm looking for a good traction tire for sledding season. The tire shop I deal with on regular basis suggested a set of 285 75 18 Toyo Open Country AT, or for $1500 more I can go to 305 55 20 with 20 x 9 custom wheels (not chrome). What are your thoughts.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ordered a set of nitto terra grapplers, had mud grapplers and were the loudest tire ive ever had:ramsfan_small:

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
My Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Tundra are worn out and it's time for a new set. They were good when new but last winter they were down right scarry. So far it's a toss up between ( and I'm looking for any feedback here)

BFG AT
Cooper Discoverer ST-c
Toyo O/C AT
Toyo M55
Yoko Geolander
Nitto's again
General A/T
Brig Revo
Pro Comp Ext A/T

Any advice would be helpfull. I've had BFG A/T on my pathfinder years ago and they were good. I'm looking for a tire that's gonna be good in icy conditions but I don't want to have two sets. Of course my father would say "once you go blizzaks, you'll never go back". I'm just looking for a good set of A/T's that will work good and look like the Nitto's

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Tundra are worn out and it's time for a new set. They were good when new but last winter they were down right scarry. So far it's a toss up between ( and I'm looking for any feedback here)

BFG AT
Cooper Discoverer ST-c
Toyo O/C AT
Toyo M55
Yoko Geolander
Nitto's again
General A/T
Brig Revo
Pro Comp Ext A/T

Any advice would be helpfull. I've had BFG A/T on my pathfinder years ago and they were good. I'm looking for a tire that's gonna be good in icy conditions but I don't want to have two sets. Of course my father would say "once you go blizzaks, you'll never go back". I'm just looking for a good set of A/T's that will work good and look like the Nitto's

The General a/t are a good tire i ran those on one of my half ton chevs for a couple years. the procomp ext a/t look sweet not sure how much of a winter tire they are tho.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a big thread on dieselplace going about Pro-Comp's self destructing. The tread seperates away and peels off.

Attachments

• procomp.jpg
    procomp.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 247
  • procomp2.jpg
    procomp2.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 248

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put on Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ 35" x 20"..they run down the road nice and are supposed to be good on snow and ice....

Attachments

• 50th and sledding 058.jpg
    50th and sledding 058.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 49
  • 50th and sledding 061.jpg
    50th and sledding 061.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 43

GRD

Reaction score
Just put on Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ 35" x 20"..they run down the road nice and are supposed to be good on snow and ice....

Looks good Dobir!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my past expirence it all depends on what you are towing and hauling that can really effect the wear. Having a sled deck with 2 quads and pulling the holiday trailer all summer. YUP tires wore faster. Now having 3000lbs pin weight 5th wheel on the back. YUP I can see wear after towing lots. Mainly on the road into the cardinal river (ruby falls) I swear you can notice a difference after going in and coming out. Been through duellers, LTX, BFG A/T and few others. Currently have toyo open country Mtr and so far really impressed they know how to dig when you need them 2

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
I'm going with the Toyo Open Country A/T. We'll see how they compare to the Nitto's. I'll post some pics when I get them mounted.

chaser

Reaction score
I know a few guys with Toyo Open Country A/T and they really like them. With sledding season arriving soon I was thinking of putting Toyo Open country A/T on my 08 F350. My main concern is good traction on snow and ice, would this tire be a wise choice ?

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good choice same one i purchased, had to trim the splash guards to stop the rubbing, but go see greg at raven, i got a stupid deal!!!!!!!!

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 33*12.5*18 Toyo Open Country MT's on my '08 F350. These tires are really chewed up as I mostly run on gravel. My tire dealer told me that the M55's are made of a harder compound than the Open Country and should last better for me. I think I may give them a try unless I can come up with something better.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was the M55 that the Ford guy recommended....tough tire I guess...but they do not make 20's so I was screwed

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the Dick Cepek FC II's the last couple years on my old truck and they were wicked in the snow and ice, and mud. i run back and forth to ft mac all year and they wore like iron to i still had 50% left after 60k. I will be puttin them on my new truck when my stockers wear out!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you here i had a set of bfg muds and yea on snow i thought i was going die 360 after 360. gravel the rear end would slide out on a corner mud they loved the mud like a pig in chit.

reminds me of my Mud/T they were great in mud but the first time they saw snow OMG They move forward okay but try and stop or turn :eek:

I put Michelin LTX's on my truck and got 140 000 kms (I needed tires at 100) I'm lazy and never rotated them once! I'll try them again. Bought them from Costco cheap hotdog while your tires get put on!

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got some goodyear silent armours 285 75 16 put on my truck yesturday these are great tires so far, quite,smooth,great ride.

Top Bottom