Truck Tires

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 03 Z71 GMC short box extended cab is in need of some new tires (265 -R75/16) and I'm looking at Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. Any feedback on these tires would be appreciated, I'm looking for a good all season tire with good winter capabilities as I drive approx 50/50 highway city driving.
Thx:chevy:

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 03 Z71 GMC short box extended cab is in need of some new tires (265 -R75/16) and I'm looking at Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. Any feedback on these tires would be appreciated, I'm looking for a good all season tire with good winter capabilities as I drive approx 50/50 highway city driving.
Thx:chevy:

I run cooper discoverer st on my truck I love them!! u can also get them studded for extra winter grip, witch I did

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Revo's and wasn't really impressed.

I found they wore fast, I should of replaced at 40,000 but got 60,000.

Not great winter traction.

My bad, I should of rotated religiosly.

I just bought Hankook.

Quiet,nice ride and hasn't affected my mileage.

Cheers

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I had the Dueller's and wasn't happy with them... wore down at 40,000 km and replaced at 60,000 when the were as bald as my head... pretty pricey too. I bought some Toyo's... good so far, but not many miles on them yet.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had those tires wore out at 55,000 km. Poor on ice and snow too.
Rotated every 20,000 km as well.
Just put on some Nokian Vatiiva M&S. Hope they last a little better.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have hankook rf10`s on my truck for winter and i`ve never had a problem. they have the same style tread as toyo open country at`s but use a softer rubber

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
studded tires are illegal in b.c. In the summer months.......... JUST SAYIN'

lol thats ok I don't have them on yet because there studded. I got the stock tires on for summer......but they are a all terrain tire. I had a set of bf allterrain before and these coopers are way better for the same price. I put 15000km on last winter and they still look new

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodyear / Fountain Tire has 4 for 3 Sale on right now for Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour's

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooper 4WD tyres have deeper treads, up to 30% more than some brands, which means you get more tyre for your money, more kilometres, more grip, more puncture resistance.

Cooper 4WD tyres have deeper tread patterns. Today many manufacturers are lowering tread pattern depths. A cooper tyres lateral tread grooves are 67% deeper compared to most original equipment tyres. This is possible because of wider and stronger steel belts under the tread.

Cooper 4WD tyres stand up straighter. Most non-American brands of 4x4 tyres have a round or 'belly' shape in the sidewalls. Cooper, by design, stands up straighter to deflect objects.

Cooper 4WD tyres have see through treads, meaning the latest tread designs have open straight grooves for wet grip and self-cleaning - Cooper tread designs are all the most current designs.

Cooper 4WD tyres have round edge treads, not square. The current trend in 4WD tyre design is self-cleaning patterns with round shoulders, V shaped tread grooves and deeper tread patterns, Square edges track on the road, causing irregular shoulder wear.

Cooper are aftermarket producers. In tyre manufacturing there are two types, original equipment suppliers, and after market suppliers. Cooper produce exclusively for the aftermarket so they don't compromise on quality or performance to meet a price or the criteria of a vehicle manufacturer, which means you get more for your money.

Cooper 4WD tyres have high quality inner liners. The most important characteristic of a tyre is its ability to hold air. Cooper uses one of the best quality inner liners (Halobutyl) combined with the proper liner thickness to give excellent air retention, where others may vary the quality and thickness of the compound to reduce cost, sacrificing air retention properties.

Manufacturers description of this tire:
Cooper Discoverer S/T

The Discoverer S/T is Cooper’s premium all-purpose SUV/light truck traction tire that is a hybrid of three designs – all-terrain, high void and commercial traction. The Discoverer S/T fits a wide range of SUVs and light trucks up to 1 ton, but it is especially suitable for high-powered, high-torque light trucks where optimum wear and traction are required.

GUARANTEED TO LAST UP TO 80,000 KMS (At all capital city authorised dealers) The H/T has stronger steel belts which means less tread squirm and longer life. Cooper H/T belts are up to 27.5% stronger than most original tyres.
DEEPER TREAD PATTERN FOR INCREDIBLE WET WEATHER GRIP
The lateral tread grooves are 67% deeper compared to most original equipment tyres. That is possible because the H/T has wider and stronger belts inside!

QUIET RIDE
The H/T has all the qualities of a passenger tyre including variable tread block pitch, which reduces noise on the road. The solid rib centre & close pitch shoulder rib improves steering response while also reducing noise, this means it will handle better than most other tyres.

EXTRA STRENGTH TO REDUCE OFF ROAD DAMAGE
Cooper has a multi-layered steel cord belt and an extra rubber layer fitted between the belts to absorb more impact and reduce damage. Straight Sidewall design also deflects objects and reduces damage

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodyear / Fountain Tire has 4 for 3 Sale on right now for Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour's

I second this, I have 50 units in my fleet of trucks up here and use them on all of them, they have the best winter traction of any A/T tire that we have tried and our guys travel on highway and gravel.

Powerteker

I have tryed lots of cooper tires and they just don't last, I even had a whole tread come right of 2 tires within 200km, I wouldn't put them on any vehicle that i own or manage again.....JMO

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the Nokians on one truck and the Silent Armours on another, they are both good, find the Nokians a bit better but wear a bit faster with the deck and sleds in the winter, maby it's the lead foot lol...:d:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got some new good year wrangler Dual track tires for my 06 F-150 and they got the aggressive lugg like the MTRs but the Dual tracks are winter safty approved. I would look at them I really like them so far.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a set of Wrangler Silent Armours for my dually. Very nice! Quiet ride and feel great on the road. When I was researching tires they were rated #1. Time will tell, I put alot of miles on every year, all loaded miles too.

There not like the crappy Wranglers of old.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second this, I have 50 units in my fleet of trucks up here and use them on all of them, they have the best winter traction of any A/T tire that we have tried and our guys travel on highway and gravel.

Powerteker

I have tryed lots of cooper tires and they just don't last, I even had a whole tread come right of 2 tires within 200km, I wouldn't put them on any vehicle that i own or manage again.....JMO

hmmm this is the 3rd set that I've drove with no problem! but each to his own, I don't like most of goodyear not all, I know they wear out faster and there not really much of a all terrain tire(more for hiway). I'll take my coopers in a bad snow storm any day over goodyear and go futher in the mud. I have a set of goodyear that I run for summer!

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input, I went with the Revo's which scored high on that tire survey. Bridgestone warrants them for 80000km's and Trail Tire in the Park gave me a great price with free flat repairs and tire rotations.:):)

NoseFirst

Reaction score
I ran the Yokohama Geolanders on my 2000 Silverado 3/4 ton and loved them 170000km and little road noise. Well worth the money in my opinion. Goodyear Silent Armour are garbage unless you don't carry any weight

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the Yokohama Geolanders on my 2000 Silverado 3/4 ton and loved them 170000km and little road noise. Well worth the money in my opinion. Goodyear Silent Armour are garbage unless you don't carry any weight

geolanders are a great tire also! toyo has some good stuff too

Top Bottom