Need new truck tires...don't want to buy Chinese

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need some new tires for my F150 HD...10 ply E rated.

Looking for something with a decent mud grip and not to worried about highway noise...I'm considering the Hurcules Terra Trac Max as I'm looking for something that is not made in China.

https://www.herculestire.com/tire-details/Hercules/TERRA-TRAC-TG-MAX

Anyone have experience with these or can recommend a good non-Chinese tire?

Thanks

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers, seem to be a cross between an AT and a MT. They seem to be a good offroad tire, wear good, ride nice and are still quiet on the highway. My 37x12.5R18's have the made in the USA stamp. From my understanding all of Nitto's Ridge Grapplers and Exo Grapplers are made in California.

Nitto-Ridge-Grappler.jpg

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers, seem to be a cross between an AT and a MT. They seem to be a good offroad tire, wear good, ride nice and are still quiet on the highway. My 37x12.5R18's have the made in the USA stamp. From my understanding all of Nitto's Ridge Grapplers and Exo Grapplers are made in California.

https://trucktirereviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Nitto-Ridge-Grappler.jpg

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

Blew through a set of these in like 30km....exact same size as you.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew through a set of these in like 30km....exact same size as you.

Don't spin them so much lol.

I've got 17,000km on mine now, I'd say I'm at about 75% tread life left, but mine have a done a lot of heavy towing in the summer so I'm more than happy with that. They wear better than both the Hankook Dynapro ATM's and Toyo MT's I had on the truck before.

I also worked with a welder that had him on his welding rig, at 40,000 km they were only about half wore out.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be hard on tires i guess. My toyos i wore out about the same. Alot of bush crushing and highway km to work.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Toyo's at's and won't be buying another set. Plan on coopers's next if they are not made in China

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go buy some treads at fountain tire...Goodyear’s come with a warranty and they will pro-rate a new set for u if u burn them out before the guaranteed Km’s...

Otherwise if ur cheap just buy some off tirerack.com

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Toyo's at's and won't be buying another set. Plan on coopers's next if they are not made in China

Just curious - what don’t you like about the toyos? What truck and usage are you doing?

I’ve had great luck with the AT2s on a couple diesels over the years

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't spin them so much lol.

I've got 17,000km on mine now, I'd say I'm at about 75% tread life left, but mine have a done a lot of heavy towing in the summer so I'm more than happy with that. They wear better than both the Hankook Dynapro ATM's and Toyo MT's I had on the truck before.

I also worked with a welder that had him on his welding rig, at 40,000 km they were only about half wore out.

I’ve loaded the crap out of mine, not 37’s
But very happy with them

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run them on my new Tundra and on my old one. I take them off in late fall and put my winters on. I get plenty of firewood in the spring and really don't haul much else. I have talked with other guys that run them and they also feel they don't get the life out of them
Just curious - what don’t you like about the toyos? What truck and usage are you doing?

I’ve had great luck with the AT2s on a couple diesels over the years

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they make them in the size you need, but I run Firestone Destination M/T’s. They are tough as hell, minimal wear, and great off road traction (studs can be installed in them for winter use). This is on a 2016 Ram 3500 SRW that tows/ hauls on a regular basis on some less then stellar roads. At about 1/2 the price of Toyo M55’s, these are a great option...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just discovered Falcon Wild Peaks which came highly recommended by a friend who's a tire and wheel guy as a far better alternative to Nitto Exo Grapplers or Good year Duratracs. So far, they are everything he said they'd be - aggressive tread pattern, way less highway noise, better wear. The only thing I'm unsure of yet is how well they handle in winder.

...and they were waaay cheaper than the Nittos or Duratracs. I got 4 P295/70R18 tires for $1280, installed. This will likely be my go to tire for years to come.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just discovered Falcon Wild Peaks which came highly recommended by a friend who's a tire and wheel guy as a far better alternative to Nitto Exo Grapplers or Good year Duratracs. So far, they are everything he said they'd be - aggressive tread pattern, way less highway noise, better wear. The only thing I'm unsure of yet is how well they handle in winder.

...and they were waaay cheaper than the Nittos or Duratracs. I got 4 P295/70R18 tires for $1280, installed. This will likely be my go to tire for years to come.

Did you put these “P” rated tires on the truck in your signature? (1ton diesel)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to take a closer look at those Hercules, they are owned by Cooper and have plants in the USofA but they also import allot of rubber from china and rebrand it. You have to look right at the tire sidewall to confirm.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying the Cooper ST Max and so far I like them . Not noisy and pretty good all around traction .
1bb751332d59edc4818bad69b1f19c09.jpg

Much nicer then the Duratracs or the Toyo At 2 so far .

Top Bottom