Truck stolen...need help

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they get by most of them now. The thing is if they want to steal it bad enough they will. If they can't get past some security device they will tow it. Heck when my dads truck was stolen, they broke in poped it in nuetral rolled it out of the driveway, then started it just because the old diesel was so loud. His window is RIGHT at the driveway and was open, and didn't even hear it until it was started. Sad part is to many of them know what they are doing WAY to tell.

I feel really bad for you man, it's tough to look at those pictures :realmad:

How do they get by the computer chip or whatever it is in the key?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they get by the computer chip or whatever it is in the key?

I am not sure, any of the trucks my family had stolen didn't have it. But I know off the Dodge forums I visit many with the chip are being stolen. Some the theif comes and gets the vin then gets a key cut as many dealers are to dumb to ask for any proof of ownership :rant: Some are getting towed, but I do know that some are just breaking in and starting the truck somehow. I heard they go to a wrecker and get something out of a truck there, I don't know exactly though.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do know that if you have a remote start that there has to be a coded key within a certain distance of the ignition so that the remote start will work. Other than that, no idea.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All jokes aside, Sorry to hear about your truck. Insurance will help you out I am sure. Sometimes I wish mine was found in a ditch///

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do know that if you have a remote start that there has to be a coded key within a certain distance of the ignition so that the remote start will work. Other than that, no idea.

I know that isn't the case for my Dodge, no key needed for the remote start to work. And it is a myth that it will start with a non chip key and the chip just close, I have tried it a few times on my truck, no go.

The thing is the guys stealing the trucks with the chips ain't crackheads or people out for a joy ride, they know EXACTLY what they are doing and are going after certain vehicles for a reason. Because it is a lot harder then using a screwdriver to pop out the ignition to steal them.

bcham5

Reaction score
If you have a car starter installed then they can steal your truck, my 2008 f150 has a chipped key and i didn't believe it untill my buddy that installs them, frigging hot wired my truck without my keys even near it!!!!:realmad:
pretty scarey knowing installers can do some harm if they want to.:nono:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a car starter installed then they can steal your truck, my 2008 f150 has a chipped key and i didn't believe it untill my buddy that installs them, frigging hot wired my truck without my keys even near it!!!!:realmad:
pretty scarey knowing installers can do some harm if they want to.:nono:

good thing to know for when i get my truck!!

Thx bcham5 :beer:

gus jules

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, last night (november 7) my truck was stolen from lloydminster ab...i would just like to let you all know in case you see it, this truck meant ALOT to me, PRIDE AND JOY but now its gone and maybe fellow s&m members can help...
thanks, Ricky

that suck's bud sorry to hear that:rant:

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasn't that truck listed for sale on here a week or two ago?

Probably went to the dealer and they told him what they would give on trade.Yah pretty sure this truck was for sale little while ago.Nobody loved it anymore.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty scarey knowing installers can do some harm if they want to.:nono:[/QUOTE

did it stay running even after the brake pedal was depressed
and what kind of car starter was it

Reaction score
I thought BC was safe and were in Salmon Arm and in December overnight Our 06 Dodge 3500 and 05 Duramax 3500 were both broken into ignitions destroyed, My 92 Cavi was Totally demolished and my Cr80 was gone, which we found in a ditch 2 klms down the road cuz it was outta gas. TOUCH MY CAR AGAIN AND ILL BEAT YOU WITH A F****** LEAD PIPE!

Top Bottom