Trips in the mountains????

Newfie

Reaction score
I've never been riding in the mountains but I was wondering if there are any group rides, with stops in cottages/cabins or otherwise, guided trips for newbies, put on by anyone. Also, where are the best places to go riding? I'm about 6 or 7 hours from Jasper. Thanks.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First I have to say "which way are you from jasper"? If you are east then you have lots of driving to do to get to the Mountains. I know most guys don`t care if you wanted to tag along. I rode with Catmando last weekend and I tagged along with him. Slept on the couch and paid my share of the room. If you got a good machine then I sure no one would care. Everyone was a new rider at one time. If you can drive up with someone you can pick their brain for awhile on what not to do and what to do correctly. Eg: don`t park your sled up hill, this can result in being stuck. There was a new rider with us and he did great for being a newbie, although he did have a modded M1000 with a 162" track. And the problem with having a lesser machine is some guys may want to go where you shouldn`t. Anyway guys post up times and places they are going so others can join in the fun. We`ll see you on the hill:)

There are cabins on most of the popular hills. If a group gets to big they will usually split into two or three groups. The crazies in one and the intermediate in another and guys who want to sit at the cabin and drink all day,lol, and these guys know who they are.:nono:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just like the man said,most guys dont mind one newby in the group,we all got to start somewhere and as long as you have a capable sled,we will get you there even if we have to ride it,LOL!Good luck in your sledding ventures!
catmando!

Top Bottom