Trip to Stewart in the New Year ???

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.... I'm still looking to head North at some point during my days off this New Year. Early Feb or early April is what I'm looking at..... :)
Not sure how many, a couple trucks maybe, decks or trailers is cool. I'll have my deck on and room for one or two if i pull a trailer.

LET'S DO THIS :)

RN

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's this at Murray and how many days you planning on? I am always up for a an adventure.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stewart BC is up on the border with Alaska. Hyde AK/Stewart BC are basically just around the corner of a mountain from each other.
A little BORDER CROSSING is all that stands between them.... :)
I had originally planned for about 4-6 days riding... weather pending. But time will tell I guess.
Have a handful of guys who were interested in this trip, but still need to see who's available, working still, etc.
I'm home from work again on Jan 13th and then out riding in Golden around the 20th ( through the weekend) for the Annual ride.
We can discuss it there if you're out that way.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Stewart this past summer. I absolutely love it up there, can't imagine what sledding would be like! A word of advice though, keep an eye on the road conditions/closures and carry an inreach or sat phone with you. Past kitwanga (turnoff from hwy16 to hwy37) there is no cell reception. Hopefully you get some bluebird days because the scenery is spectacular!

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of snow this year, some great riding there,dave graig use to film all the roops of hazard films there.
kitimat terrace areas have great riding too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_OO3v6Sr00

I rode up there with Dave quite a few years ago and was actually in one of the "ROOPS" videos... just a quick little climb or two I think. :)
"Bigdog 162" I think he called me in his vid.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the conditions when you get back. I love riding up there it's an unreal experience. I haven't been up there for about 3 yrs now. We went up there for about 12 yrs in a row riding on May long wknd it was a blast. Planning too get up there this yr in April/May if conditions are still good and everyone can agree on a date too go.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Average of 80 feet of snow. picture of Granduc mill site. DSC00278.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always dreamed of making that trip, longer spring days and a guide would be the ticket!

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Average of 80 feet of snow. picture of Granduc mill site.View attachment 192845
I love them blue blazer days in Stewart. If you can get a day like that on your trip you will be amazed at that country. On a day like that we usually do what we call the loop. We go up the lake too the Betty glacier, then down over too Happy valley cabin. Then across too Granduc mill site, and then back too the main cabin. It's a long ride that is awesome on a clear day.

Top Bottom