Travel to mexico

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone recently return from Mexico, and did you get sick or flu like symptom's, I'm leaving to the Mayan Saturday for my Nephew's wedding on Monday and I'm a little concerned with all the media hoopla:(:(. Any feedback would be appreciated, thx.

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am registered nurse and I work in the ER , as long as you wash hands often you will help to prevent the spread , there have not been any deaths directly in canada or the US , but have had many in Metroplitan cities in Mexico and near Baha California, most of the issues are focused specifically around Mexico City .......the symptoms to look out for are specifically "respiratory symptoms with rapid deterioration over a short time frame ......meaning shortness of breathe,cough,chest pain with respirations....if these symptoms persist and worsen ...seek medical care .........We had a frenzy of patients last weekend complaining of exposure following return from Mexico , none proved to be legitimate !! Just use universal precautions while there and be sure to get Hepatitis vacs before going .......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
One of the technicians at my auto repair shop, just got back from the mayan riviera, and he said no problems out there yet..... It is mostly contained to mexico city area. A medical friend said to just be sure to wash and sanitize lots(maybe take some good sanitizer with you), and have a great time!!! Have a few shots for me.......... Hmmmmm, tequila!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had 3 guys come back from there and the company told them to stay home for 10 days xtra.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although these events do need to be taken seriously, please keep in mind that the media LOVES to run with these panic type stories. In turn the Goverment agencies must react to show they have ain interest in your health. Yes, the flu virus can be deadly...just be sure to protect yourself as best you can as mentioned previously. As always, common sense previals.

Stay out of the Mexican strip joints for one.

You knew the trip would get ruined somehow.

:p

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the all inclusive deals will be cheap....800 bucks 5 star..here we come...between the mexican drug killings and the flu she will be a darn cheap place..the market has dropped. A friend of mine just bought a condo in Cabo cheap...

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks my tour company just e-mailed me that my trip was canceled! My Nephew and his Fiancee are Flying back on Sunday and are getting married here in May to a good old Alberta wedding:beer::beer:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks my tour company just e-mailed me that my trip was canceled! My Nephew and his Fiancee are Flying back on Sunday and are getting married here in May to a good old Alberta wedding:beer::beer:

Switch buddy that sucks. I know you and your wife were looking forward on going to the Mexico wedding. I think that our climate ( -40 C some days etc.) kind of helps us with flu bugs . Maybe not all but I say that we don't get the problems that the tropics get. Except maybe Mad Cow and Pine Beatle. I think I got a case of Pine Beatle ( I think I got a tooth cavity I gotta get fixed) . I thought I had a case of Mad Cow too but it turns out I am just a Flames fan and I am sufering from post game reaction to Monday and last Saturday's game result.

:beer:

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zar,
I think that to stop the Hurt'in:(:( of not being able to Mexico we should go for a few:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: and we see if we can fix up that tooth and your Calgary Flame's addiction, we'll even let DFI come;). Come to think about it were lucky that we didn't get the swine flu from the Grizzley motel this winter.

Last edited:

Robins

Reaction score
A few of us flew into Mexico City on Monday, April 27th and about 75% of the people in the airport were wearing masks. From there, flew to Poza Rica, Mexico and quite a few people wearing masks in the airport, grocery stores, restraunts and hotels.

No "eye of the needle" syndrome yet. I fly back to Edmonton on May 31, hopefully they don't quarantine us when we get back.

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had several friends recently with plans to spend time down there for vacations and 1 friend who's wedding plans where cancelled, after a issue was made about it , the plans where rescheduled in Jamaica(with no help from the vacation company)the company only giving them the option of a credit which had to be used by the end of June,they made a issue about it and a story was written on the front page of the global and mail and now they will be getting married in Jamaica, they did get a credit for flights with the company but it was the actual vacation company which cancelled their plans and offered no options for alternate arrangements!! How sad.....Anyways , it worked out in the long run but there was a significant increase in cost to go to Jamaica instead of Mexico.......Which is the last thing a new couple needs on top of all the accumulating expenses which accompany a wedding !! Really sad that so many are being effected by this outbreak....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People are frickin retarded, including W.H.O. Folks are calling one of the schools here saying that kids that have recently been to Mexico should be banned from attending school. It's a flippin' cold for cripes sake!!!!!!
I guess the panic is good for the pharmaceutical companies......

Snow Hungry

Reaction score
I just got back from playa del carmen last night and im fine. didnt see a single person wearing a mask. someone told me theres no flights going into mexico. We ended up having to make a bunch of stops to let people off because they loaded the plane up to get people out.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a report that said 36,000 people in the U.S. and 2500 people in Canada die every year from seasonal flu. You think this might be blown a bit out of proportion.:rolleyes:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% believe it is blown out of proportion.........!! But it's always good to take the correct precautions and be safe!!

Top Bottom