trappin sled

scrapmaster

Reaction score
hey all lookin for ppl opinions on a sled for my dad, he wants a new or newer one for his trapline as right now hes rockin a 94 indylite 340 short track lol, anyways id like to get him something newer that has reverse, handwarmers, big windsheild, a rack, tow hitch for the skimmmer, electric start maybe, and a longer track for some float maybe 144 or so? anyways just looking for suggestions as to some good reliable sleds to look for as i know nothing about this end of sleds.. thanks in advance for any advice

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try anything in the Scandic lineup from Ski-doo. Built just for that purpose. Hey get your Dad to start a trapline thread. Neat to see what all goes on with a trapline

scrapmaster

Reaction score
thanks thats a good place to start.. lol chances are he wont as hes not so into this internet thing but il be out there to run it with him for a while (got laid off today:) so if ppl are interested il take some pics an do some posting for sure, its always a good time mostly a retirement fun kinda thing to him but theres alot of neat intricacies to it for sure

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my grandpa uses a skidoo tundra on his trapline .... and has been for the last 10 years works great for that,,,, just make sure it is full of gas before you head out on the run... grandpa found that out the hard way after walking for 3 miles ... i would post pics but they are to big and not sure how to change them to fit

Polaris_Fanatic

Reaction score
hey check out the polaris utility sleds,they got hi, lo, n, and reverse transmission, a rack big windshield. sounds like it fits your description
hope you can find something

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skandic is the most common used sleds for this application. I also seen a guy last year using the big Artic cat I think it was a 4 stroke 1000 or 1200 engine, the damn thing was huge weighed about 900lbs.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the scandic 500 with 24 inch track I think, never get stuck..

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my trapline I used my cat 900, but a bit much. My grandpa used his 500 Skandic for years (i think 99) and it did him well but a couple years ago was giving him trouble. He bought a new 570 Arctic cat double up and couldn't be happier. He was using last weekend when I was out there setting up some of our traps/hunting on just 4" of snow.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom