Best "all purpose" sled?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think any of the Crossover/touring sleds in 600 or naturally aspirated 4 stroke would be great. Cat and Yamaha offer some great sleds and technology in this category. Like Ric states above, the Yammi 4 strokes are rock solid, trouble free and perform well.

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my first sled a few years back now. i got a crossfire 700. 136 inch track with 1.25 lug. havent been to the steep and deep but for everything around whitecourt and closer to edmonton its does great . Havent been stuck yet and i can get 100km on a tank cutting trail in powder and well over that on trail.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm leaning towards a Yamaha venture mostly for the 4 stroke and Yamaha reliability. I realize that they're heavier than some, but I think I can life with that. Next question is, assuming I find a nice clean sled that looks well kept and maintained, how many km are they good for before I should eliminate one because of mileage. I've seen a couple that were in great shape but had over 2K on them. I realize that the 4 stroke will last for many miles, but what about the rest? I know enough to check for track wear and slop in the suspension and steering, but what about the transmissions etc? Anything to be aware of?

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think with the downturn in the ecconemy around here you can find a pretty good deal with low milage....paitience

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think with the downturn in the ecconemy around here you can find a pretty good deal with low milage....paitience

Roger that. I'm in no hurry to buy, in fact it might be too late for this season already. I'm hoping if I wait till spring I can get a smoking deal and be ready for next year. I really hate to take advantage of someone else's misfortune, but like everyone else, there's only so much to spend on toys.....

Top Bottom