Trails west RPM trailers?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 2014 28’ bumper pull. It was the snowcheck edition with 5200# axles. It was a great trailer. Very well made and great quality. We recently bought a cargo mate trailer for hauling the sleds to the cabin. And let me tell ya. You definitely get what you pay for. Only had a couple issues with ours which they have corrected in the newer models. We had the old style springs on the rear door which we had a bunch break on us. Trails west stepped up and sent us new springs and all the bushings even when the trailer was off warranty. Then with the furnace mounted in the wedge of the trailer we had a fan motor seize up. The new trailers are mounted on the side wall. The only thing I didn’t like about the trailer was the floor heat. It seems like a great idea and works very well until about -10. After that it can’t keep up and it really makes the furnace inefficient. We ended up taking the floor heat out of the system and on those -20 nights the trailer was way warmer inside. We also took the door off the boot dryer. 4 of us could hang out sled gear in there and it would be bone dry by the next morning.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2015 28’ BP, love it and I put thousands of kms on it each year. This year I was getting things together and noticed that there was daylight in the floor from inside... Upon further investigation by the “A Team” they realized it had the majority of the crossmembers cracked from the frame. So....remove the foam from the heated floor main duct channels, replace fasteners to the sub floor over the wheel wells, re-weld each cross member and gusset them for support and then replace spray foam insulation etc. The cross members were tacked, not fully welded. Some had holes drilled in them..no idea there. I’m prett fortunate that I have an in house welder fabricator that not only has built trailers and everything else out there but who I trust hands down to make things right. I called Airdrie trailer and the service guy was really nice, looked me up but I missed the warranty period by a couple months. He said send pics etc and he would see what he can do, but I decided to go a little further and fix it up a few degrees ahead of that. Otherwise I LOVE this trailer. Heat vents for gear, two heated cabinets up top, one in front for gloves and boots, rear door gets iced up needs more down low heat but we have plugged the majority of the floor holes to help. For north of $30,000 I have a few let downs, but I have bought pretty much every sled trailer, used it and am happy with the Trails West Burandt....it has the most check boxes on the list for me and the people I ride with. It’s in Spruce, come have a look at the issues and then you might know what to look for. Pulls awesome and two 30# bottles and dual batteries keep it warm all day and night. Just my $0.02.

Top Bottom