Trailer shopping

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but I got a 1-ton for a reason and now it looks like I should have gone to a 450/550 :mad:

the problem is some people purchase the truck first and the rv second. also a lot of people think a 1 ton can pull anything. some are good for 13000 others, 18000. all depends on the set up of the truck. alot of time the truck dealer dosnt even know the total towing or carrying capacity. you can have a extra leaf or air bags add at edmonton springs and re certified. aother spring gives youi 500 lbs extra and air bags, 700 lbs extra. i send at least a dozen people there every year and no one has ever had an issue.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:I was in Grande Prairie on Saturday 28. The prices are out of this world a 25ft with a slide $33900. the same trailer last year was around 24 to 26 thou. ( the sales man said he will throw in a ground mat $50.) only one place showed some sense and had good priceing Leisureland comper village. If your looking try them (we still have snow yet for another month in Fort St. John) The hunt goes on for a trailer:beer:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scuba, with kids the bunk models are good..they can go to bed early when you are playing cards,etc...and there are no beds to make up.Even if you dont have the kids with you the bunk area stores alot of stuff. have a real good look at the water sytem..user friendly to winterize,etc. Counter space is a factor....if momma aint happy nobody is happy!!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 06 Gulf Stream with tube frame just a little bit heavier but a sturdy
trailer the only problem was floor just like the 10000 other unitsin northern
Alberta I bought threw Western R.V after some rant and raving it was decided
we will split the cost of the floor(lino). Just be careful when you look at travel
lite trailers some have wide flange or channel frames not overly strong.you will
notes the difference when you try to level it were you camp then try to open the doors.Its alittle more money but go withtwo 6 volt batteries and get about 2,3 times longer life out them.You could go easy a whole long weekend
on asingle charge. I hope this helps:)

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a new starcraft starstream 28rbs last spring from cars rv &marine in leduc. VERY nice ppl, awsome unit. took it back in the fall for the 90 day touch ups, they fixed everything without complaining took them a little time but had no hassles. couple things u really need is storage room and fresh water tank size. mines only 36 gal i think and its pushn it to last a weekend. good luck.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d:d I have a 07 Gulfstream, 22ft Streamlite front bedroom it is a great trailer. The problem is too small ok for a weekend, But for a trip 10 or 12 days too small. The trailer pulls very well 4000lbs empty. We had a Cougar 24ft w/slide and every weekend it would give us problems. We could not flush the toilet, drain the sinks, get the slide out or in, or keep the battery up it would drain in 10 hrs with nothing on. The trailer pulled like it was on skids not tires. Before I buy again I will ask to test pull one first.:):)

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have my eye on a 2002 Wander Wide Lite 25ft 5th wheel, Just wondering if anyone has had one from this manufacture and if they are any good.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well I have my eye on a 2002 Wander Wide Lite 25ft 5th wheel, Just wondering if anyone has had one from this manufacture and if they are any good.

Just sold my Wanderer this spring.....Personal choice nothing to do with the unit....I loved it. Pulled great had tons of room....used it for 3 years with 4 kids and it held up....big tanks, cold fridge, large bathroom for it's size, no issues with it whatsoever....I researched before I bought and Thor has a pretty sturdy reputation.

Mine was a 1999 22' RB bumper pull........nice unit but wanted a truck camper so we could pull the trailers....

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scuba I still have mine just pulled my buddies boat behind great shape,did the wife up her limit yet?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scuba I still have mine just pulled my buddies boat behind great shape,did the wife up her limit yet?

She didn't up her limit and I bought a 2002 thor wanderer lite, pick it up on friday night.

Thanks to all the peeps that gave some advice on this subject.

Scuba

Top Bottom