Trailer or sled deck

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We don't have sled's (yet), but have 2 quads. We're trying to decide on an enclosed trailer or a sled deck. How difficult (or painful) are the sled decks to take out? We have a travel trailer and a larger fifth wheel trailer as well (but not a toy hauler). Our annual big trip, we take the fifth wheel (otherwise it stays out at the lake), so the deck would need to be removed to use it.

Most of our weekend trips we use our smaller travel trailer (bumper hitch), but I don't always want to bring 2 vehicles.

How much effort is it to remove the sled deck? Can 1 person do it?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have a 8ft stf we just back it up to a base then just slide it on to that but to unload it directly on the ground isn't to bad you just have to know what your doing

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's more akward then anything but I have taken one off my truck alone.

If you ever want to do spring sledding in the mountains the decks are the way to go unless you have a light weight 2 place to manually swing around. I like the enclosed trailer for the possibilities of heat storage dressing room hang out spot and so on. So if spring riding isn't your thing and you don't mind towing go with the trailer. The thing to also is a deck is half the price of a decent enclosed when comparing purchasing new

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have 2 people when removing the deck it is not much of a problem at all. I prefer a sled deck to a trailer.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the enclosed for having everything locked up out of sight, throw the luggage in there, everything is clean and dry, however in your situation with pulling a camper it would make sence to get a deck.... buy both.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Enclosed is great for sled trips all winter.
Deck is great for spring riding and hauling quads and holiday trailer in the summer.
One person should be able to load/unload deck;pull it out of truck and tip it on end and drive away.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions and advice. I decided to get a Marlon Deck. Can't wait to pick up the new machines this week and head out on the weekend.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One person can easily unload a sled deck if you got something in your Garage to hang come along or a couple ratchet straps to and just pick it strait up.

You made a good choice with going with the sled deck , i got both and love using the deck because it gives the truck Alot more traction compared to tugging a trailer up Icey hills

chromed

Reaction score
Myself and the crew we sled with run sled decks. It would be great to have a trailer, but we make more spring trips.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if 1 person can load sled deck by them self i just bought one this weekend it was good lift for 3 we bought for hauling the quads and our bumper hitch trailer and our sleds for the winter and tow our Triton 2 place

Top Bottom