Trailer interior lighting.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. So, what does it do?
Its a switch and a dimmer as well. On the one I have there's 3 different temperatures of white.

Like having a cool white, warm white to daylight lamp all in one.

It will come free with the kits anyways but by its self its 3$. Toss it or order lots of extra strips for the wife and kids xmas lights.
Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanna know which lights these are, and what you used for a power supply. These are nice and insanely bright. Exactly what I want.

Item title had: 10M 3528 SMD 600
I recommend going with the 10m strips so you only have one strip per side of the trailer. And these are the high density ones, 600 LEDs per 10m length. Lots of the strips lights have less LED density, so less light. I think this link is the same product as I bought:

I just tapped into the power wires from the existing light fixtures on the walls. Those were wired from factory on a wall light switch near person door, so by tapping into that my lights are also on the light switch.

I also replaced the fixture bulbs with LED bulbs, but in comparison to the strips the fixture lights do jack all.

I think the current draw on the strips I listed is pretty high (it has to be to put out that much light). So your wires and joints have to be a little larger and beefier than regular wires. I used 12ga speaker wire wherever possible.

White walls and a light colored floor also help a lot with keeping it bright inside.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Item title had: 10M 3528 SMD 600
I recommend going with the 10m strips so you only have one strip per side of the trailer. And these are the high density ones, 600 LEDs per 10m length. Lots of the strips lights have less LED density, so less light. I think this link is the same product as I bought:

I just tapped into the power wires from the existing light fixtures on the walls. Those were wired from factory on a wall light switch near person door, so by tapping into that my lights are also on the light switch.

I also replaced the fixture bulbs with LED bulbs, but in comparison to the strips the fixture lights do jack all.

I think the current draw on the strips I listed is pretty high (it has to be to put out that much light). So your wires and joints have to be a little larger and beefier than regular wires. I used 12ga speaker wire wherever possible.

White walls and a light colored floor also help a lot with keeping it bright inside.
10M = 33' that's way too long for my little trailer. Good price though! Thanks for sharing the link!

HILCLMR

Reaction score
3528-vs-5050-vs-5630.jpg

The larger the LED the more Lumens, plus when ordering get yourself extra rolls, for those just in case times. In my old 28 ft enclosed I had 6 rows of 3528 and was not happy with the result. New trailer is getting the 5630's.

3528-5050-5630-led-illumination-lumens-test-comparison.jpg

Last edited:

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://heracolights.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/3528-vs-5050-vs-5630.jpg

The larger the LED the more Lumens, plus when ordering get yourself extra rolls, for those just in case times. In my old 28 ft enclosed I had 6 rows of 3528 and was not happy with the result. New trailer is getting the 5630's.

http://heracolights.com/wp-content/...0-led-illumination-lumens-test-comparison.jpg

This is exactly what I was trying to show within my message. The 5630 will put out WAY more light even vs a double row in 3528's. This really is the way to go. If I was you guys, I would be buying waterproof as well. Often within heated trailers you get ice/water buildup along where the steel rails behind the walls are which is just asking for a short.

Its all about the Lumens - 6-8 per chip for 3528's vs 45-50 for a 5630... Do the math guys.

Last edited:

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut some sheets of polycarbonate and routed out a spot for mine. Left a bit of slack and paper on the back of them at the joints. Should solve the pulling apart problem.
146e730a56e45b4921779393ed814987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. I do t think it would be very 'cost effective' to sell them. A sheet is about $120. And took 2 hours to cut and route these. I had the material left over from a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom