Trailer Brake Issue

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 2007 5th wheel trailer.

Brake controller does not function when trailer 7 way connecter is plugged into the truck box plug location.
icon8.gif

All lights and brake lights are working fine.

When trailer plug is put into the bumper pull plug location, brake controller works fine.
icon7.gif

Any ideas where to start ?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wiring between the bumper plug and the box plug I'd say. The box plug is usually just tapped into the wiring for the bumper plug. Probably a corroded scotch lock or wire.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wiring between the bumper plug and the box plug I'd say. The box plug is usually just tapped into the wiring for the bumper plug. Probably a corroded scotch lock or wire.

Thanks. Gotta crank down the corroded spare tire to gain access to the spliced / tapped connection.
I can see it, just can't reach it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But not a factory brake control then

Is it mounted flat or on its side??

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you find it do yourself a favor and find some dual wall shrink wrap to cover the repair with. You will never have the issue again as it glue's itself to the repair

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joint into factory wires???

That truck should have been pre wired and brake power out, big dark blue wire under under hood fuse block, then it's factory wired to rear plug

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joint into factory wires???

That truck should have been pre wired and brake power out, big dark blue wire under under hood fuse block, then it's factory wired to rear plug

would be spliced up into box though

Top Bottom