Trail Riding What To pack?

Swiper

Reaction score
I was wondering what kinds of things people pack or take along for trail rides.

I see a lot of threads for mountain riding but nothing for trail riding.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Probably not much different than the mountain riding list. You're stuck in the snow miles from your truck...what do you need? Someone gets injured... Sled breaks down....You get cold and hungry.... It'll happen on the trails as easily as the mountains. :beer:

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Beer, hot dogs, toilet paper..... in that order.

Really it depends on the nature of the ride and how many people are going. If it's all day then pack lots of food, drinks etc, first aid kit, charged cell phone etc have everybody share the load and it's not so bad. It's pretty much the same as mountain riding less the beacon and probe, take the shovel though you can fry on that thing if you have too.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really it depends on the nature of the ride and how many people are going. If it's all day then pack lots of food, drinks etc, first aid kit, charged cell phone etc have everybody share the load and it's not so bad. It's pretty much the same as mountain riding less the beacon and probe, take the shovel though you can fry on that thing if you have too.

It's amazing how many of my riding buddies get out on the trail, and realize their phones are dead. WTF? bunch of bumbazzes.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the battery gets cold it drains way faster, or seems to.

I try to keep mine on a inside pocket of my jacket to stay warmer, the battery seems to last longer that way !! Or I turn it off till I need it cause some times the roaming kills my battery.
Just my 2 cents.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pack the same when in the mountains or on the trail really, if the trail ride is a long day, maybe a couple extra beer :d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If I were going to the flatland for a traii ride, the only things I would leave at home would be the beacon and the probe. All the rest would be the same, even the axe and Behr saw.

If I were going for a trail ride here, I would still take the beacon and the probe. One never knows when one will come across and accident and have to search a debris pile.:d:d:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

make sure you put it in the pack in that order as well with the beer on top. that way it comes out in the right order and your not emptying your pack to get a beer or hot dog. cause if thats all ya take thats the order its going to be needed.

Emt Worker

Reaction score
When you are out of cell phone range the phone keeps looking for a signal. This searching wears out the battery power a lot faster. It is a good idea to turn the phone off till you need to use it.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always have the basics in the sled. tie wire, hotpacks, small first aid kit, some extra tools, flashlight, etc. everything else gets packed for each ride otherwise the beer freezes:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I bring beer ...................... hopefully everyone else has stuff if I need it. But really beer is where its at. :beer::d:beer: maybe some nuts too.

orangerider

Reaction score
One thing I found at Canadian tire is a crank flash light (neat but not new) but with this one you can also switch it from the crank light to a crank charger. It allows you to charge your cell phone through a USB cable.:cool:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I found at Canadian tire is a crank flash light (neat but not new) but with this one you can also switch it from the crank light to a crank charger. It allows you to charge your cell phone through a USB cable.:cool:

might as well carry a fridge in your pack...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom