Trail Pass Increases!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well put on my flame suit and here it goes.

been riding for 40+ years (shouldn't matter), been in the sled biz 30+ years (shouldn't matter), competitive sled racing 25+ years (shouldn't matter), been involved with clubs 20+ years (shouldn't matter), lost everything once from the sled business (THAT DID MATTER, MY PASSION FOR SLEDDING MUST STOP)( but it wouldn't), but it seems slowly over time we the sledders seem to be losing our true fellowship amongst ourselves and the sport, it shouldn't matter what you ride, where you ride, and where your from, because it's a small sport with a 3-5 month window of pleasure on a little white line from coast to coast. And yes we must somehow share that white treasure with everyone. And yes sledders are a natural resource themselves, with the ability to spend there resources at a hand, at the white natural places that we can get to.

So the challenge is to those that complain or finger point about the sport, come and jump on the volunteer train, cause it needs all the power it can get.
Cause I'm getting burnt out and more than likely am burnt out. my 2 cents.

Attachments

• flame suit (Small) (Small).bmp
    85.6 KB · Views: 124

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't take CRF seriously, that person seems to have some negativity issues. Certainly don't think he/she speaks for any BC sledder but himself/herself. I thank the people of BC for showing such hospitality to me and my friends when do come out. Don't ever change the slogan on the licence plate from "Beautiful BC" because it is the best one you can have and doesn't just refer to the landscape. Ignore this guy as he's irrelevent.

summit7

Reaction score
Just think about it,most guys will spend 96 cents/L for fuel,drive 10 to 12 hrs,spend $100.00 a nite on rooms and meals.Is $25 really going to hurt that much?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Thanks, Herbie told me some of my boyfriends were looking for me.
The Revy Club had just over 600 members last season, 150 are local and that was an increase. The others are from right across Canada and the NW states, without the help of the likes of Modman we`d be sunk.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am shocked at some of what i am reading.. I want to say that crf definately does not speak for us. We really enjoy seein ALL people that come here and we welcome all sledders the same no matter where you are from... WE have become freinds with alot of peeps from the east of us and we look forward to seein them each year..

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can answer this. They belong to the people of British Columbia, and the clubs that hold tenures for those areas. Well any Mountains that are in BC anyways. :beer:

Sorry. Mountains that are titled or non titled "Crown Land" and not privately held (Titled land vested in the name of individuals or corporations) belong to all Canadian Citizens. The Provinces simply hold and administer the lands for the Crown. Even on titled Crown Lands the title reads "Her Majesty the Queen in the Right of the Province of Alberta, British Columbia, etc". The individual provinces in a sense manage and hold the lands for Her Majesty but strictly speaking a Canadian Citizen (as all Canadian Citizens make up "The Crown") living in Newfoundland owns as much of a mountain in British Columbia as the fellow living in British Columbia on titled land at the base of that mountain.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sorry. Mountains that are titled or non titled "Crown Land" and not privately held (Titled land vested in the name of individuals or corporations) belong to all Canadian Citizens. The Provinces simply hold and administer the lands for the Crown. Even on titled Crown Lands the title reads "Her Majesty the Queen in the Right of the Province of Alberta, British Columbia, etc". The individual provinces in a sense manage and hold the lands for Her Majesty but strictly speaking a Canadian Citizen (as all Canadian Citizens make up "The Crown") living in Newfoundland owns as much of a mountain in British Columbia as the fellow living in British Columbia on titled land at the base of that mountain.

Now that is pretty clear. Thanks, fs

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am shocked at some of what i am reading.. I want to say that crf definately does not speak for us. We really enjoy seein ALL people that come here and we welcome all sledders the same no matter where you are from... WE have become freinds with alot of peeps from the east of us and we look forward to seein them each year..

Have no worries one bad apple don't spoil the bunch. On that note a quick shout out to some of the best. Sled Shed Revy Turbo Al and Pete and Steve are great, Spin Drift McBride Glen, Eagle Valley Lodge Rene, Holly Smokes Inn Patty and Robin. Some of the best I have come across over the years not meaning to exclude anyone or their services just that I have dealt direct with these people and they were all great.:d:d:d:d

Just wanna have fun and play in the snow...... like 6' of it:beer::beer::beer:

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

where crf has it wrong about tentures is. the clubs hold tenture on the mtn but its still crown land. which a club cant say who can or cant use it. under the tenure they do own the rights to the buildings on crown land. which they could ask you not to be in. in all fairness. everyone should be a club member, because if you look at bc in a whole. every mtn out there has some form of tenture on it.
[PDF] This Land is Whose Land? google this. they show a map of the kootenays and where tentures lay. if a bussiness sets up in an area ie a ski hill. your screwed. your crown land rights go out the window.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[PDF] This Land is Whose Land? google this. they show a map of the kootenays and where tentures lay. if a bussiness sets up in an area ie a ski hill. your screwed. your crown land rights go out the window.

Got a link for that? I'm curious.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a link for that? I'm curious.

google this land is who's land. It tells a bit about how our jackass leader gordon campbell sold out our backcountry for tourist profit. They show a map of the kootenay area and all the mtn's there have a tenture on them.

Top Bottom