Traffic Court Reform

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts and letter:

Hello: This is pretty simple in my mind if 57% of the receivers of traffic tickets don't think it is serious enough to pay the fine on time. It is funny how the government has to work these days with a large financial outlay for a problem. A simple solution would be to have a reasonable amount of time to pay a minimal ticket. Then the price goes up severely and not just a slap on the wrist but rather 3 or 4 times. One already has to pay delinquent infractions before renewing a license and this would catch them eventually. Maybe just need to change the part of an appearance in Alberta Provincial Court.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts and letter:

Hello: This is pretty simple in my mind if 57% of the receivers of traffic tickets don't think it is serious enough to pay the fine on time. It is funny how the government has to work these days with a large financial outlay for a problem. A simple solution would be to have a reasonable amount of time to pay a minimal ticket. Then the price goes up severely and not just a slap on the wrist but rather 3 or 4 times. One already has to pay delinquent infractions before renewing a license and this would catch them eventually. Maybe just need to change the part of an appearance in Alberta Provincial Court.

Here is the automated response:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Alberta’s traffic court reform, the survey is now closed.

All feedback received will be taken into consideration as we move forward.

Traffic Court Reform Initiative

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
I read up on the differences between an admin system and the court system. I don't like the fact that the admin system using a lower standard of proof, hearsay and is controlled by statute that is created by.. The Government!

I think Id prefer my rights to be protected by the court

Top Bottom