Track tension

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 06 m7 what kinda track tension should there be?It looks very loose now.
I don't know if there's less tenison on a mountain sled but i thought it was suppose to be about 3/4-1"

snomofo

Reaction score
Arctic Cat calls for about 2 inches of sag---I would suggest HRP relocation brackets to allow the suspension to cycle better

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
As loose as you can run it without it ratcheting....or hitting the tunnel.
Tension will change depending on traction.

SPDFREEK

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was taught 2 inches at 20 lbs pull. I use a fish scale to pull the track. Course this can be run looser or tighter acording to the sled. My 04 1M works great set like this. Never ratchets and i have pictures of the suspension squished and over 4 inches between track and rails.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As loose as you can run it without it ratcheting....or hitting the tunnel.
Tension will change depending on traction.

SPDFREEK

This is how I do it too. Can seem really loose some times, but that means less friction. As long as it isn't ratcheting it's all good.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the guy i did buy it off seemed like he knew what he was talking and he rode it in the mountains.He said he bought a relocation kit for it or something like that.He said the 06 m7 has a problem with ratcheting.I think it'll be fine but'll have to wait until i can taker out

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relocation kit is good for your sled. Solved the track tension issues. You should have no probs.

Top Bottom