Track For Boosted Dragon.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the best track to run on a 09 800 Dragon? The sled currently has the stock 163 on it. Running a boondocker set up at 12lbs. with stock skid as well. Want to upgrade to something better.Thinking on changing the skid to a Racers Edge or Bakers set up.

Last edited:

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i need to upgrade my skid as well, heard that racers edge is the way to go from quite a few guys, nm runs that on his t-apex and pro i believe.... 3inch 174 is the way to go for boosted sled, unless your more into boondocking through tight trees ???

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the best track to run on a 09 800 Dragon? The sled currently has the stock 163 on it. Running a boondocker set up at 12lbs. with stock skid as well. Want to upgrade to something better.Thinking on changing the skid to a Racers Edge or Bakers set up.

racers edge is Bakers set up:beer:

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well nifty i learned something today lol, i dont know a whole helluva lot about the different skids, know my way around an engine but not so much the suspension...

EricW

Reaction score
I did the 3.0 pitch Camoplast Extreme on my Boosted Dragon and have been very satisfied with it. As far as the suspension, I have not seen or even heard of the Racers Edge so no idea on that. I have run a M-10, Z-Broz EZ Ryde, and a Moutain Tamer from Timbersleds. My experience is that if you want to totally eliminate ski lift (wheelies) either of the first two are the best choice. If you want controlled ski lift but still lots of adjustability then the M Tamer is a good choice. I have liked each of them in different applications. I do sometimes miss the M-10 in the beat up spring whoops at the end of the day. If $$$ is a concern you will want to compare in that light as well.

Don't forget to upgrade your drivers as well even if you go with the 2.86 pitch. The OEM drivers just don't hang in there forever. I am very happy with the products and service at Avid and they would be my choice for drivers. You may want to consider a Drop & Roll of your chaincase and shaft to really get the benefit of the upgrades, the IQ tunnel gets a little confined to freely move all that boosted snow. Good luck. EW

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the 174 3" and ditch the turbo. will be a way better sled. spank turbos all day long with a stock engine.

Top Bottom