Track deflection

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put on a couple 8" billets on my 09 154 summit. Curious as to what the belt deflection is supposed to be. Don twant to be too tight, and I think I may be.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put on a couple 8" billets on my 09 154 summit. Curious as to what the belt deflection is supposed to be. Don twant to be too tight, and I think I may be.

Are you looking for track deflection (tension) or belt deflection?

The track should be loose enough so that it hangs around 1" -2" in the center when suspended in the air. If your track is too loose your drivers will ratchet when under load. If it is too tight you will wear your sliders out quickly and increase horsepower robbing rolling resistance.

Belt deflection should be set so the cords of the belt sit level or just above the secondary sheave when the secondary was fully closed. The tension on the belt at this point should be little enough that you can turn it backwards in the sheaves without the secondary turning, but there definitely is some drag.

Hope this helps.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i thought it was specific to the track and the machine.. does it have extrovert drivers?? i would set it so that it is loose enough that it hangs down but tight enough it doesnt ratchet

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for track deflection (tension) or belt deflection?

The track should be loose enough so that it hangs around 1" -2" in the center when suspended in the air. If your track is too loose your drivers will ratchet when under load. If it is too tight you will wear your sliders out quickly and increase horsepower robbing rolling resistance.

Belt deflection should be set so the cords of the belt sit level or just above the secondary sheave when the secondary was fully closed. The tension on the belt at this point should be little enough that you can turn it backwards in the sheaves without the secondary turning, but there definitely is some drag.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I was talking about the track, and yes it helps thanks a bunch

xpsledneck

Reaction score
Yeah I was talking about the track, and yes it helps thanks a bunch

tnhe track deflection (tension) with 16lbs of force pushing down it should measure 30-35mm(1 3/16-1 3/8") That is out of the operators guide. you measure it at the rubber bumper stops on the sliders just behinde the middle boggies. u should also make sure that you check thee alighment at the same time it is just a visual check. look at the distance between the sliders and the slider guides on the track and make sure that the space between them is the same on both sides.

keep the track side down
XP Sledneck

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought it was specific to the track and the machine.. does it have extrovert drivers?? i would set it so that it is loose enough that it hangs down but tight enough it doesnt ratchet

thats how we roll,, just dont want it to ratchet,,

Top Bottom