TRA clutches interchangeable?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure its the same taper but it is a different clutch setup, not sure how an 07 would run on an 06. 06 had way better clutching.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to change the back sliding half on the 07. The 06 is a way better clutch though.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just looking for an entire new clutch, found a tra 7 for an alright deal i figured. the fixed half on my tra 3 has some issues. take a look at the splines
IMG-20120118-00284.jpg

finndoo

Reaction score
Any TRA 7 from any 07 and up Doo will fit your 06, you have to use both fixed and moveable sheaves from the new clutch as they will not interchange with you old one. That being said you can and should if possible use the spring and ramps from your old clutch, you may have to adjust pinweight to get it exactly the same as before. If you do purchase an 07 and up TRA 7 just be sure to go over it to make sure that the bushings, rollers, sliders, and O-rings look good and are to spec. If they look bad there is a rebuild kit available from doo that is about 150$ that has all those parts. Do not be alarmed if you open up the clutch and there are no springs behind the sliders like on the old ones, thats just how they are. I should also mention that the newer clutches are not splined so dissassembly requires a bit more effort. If you get an 07 summit clutch it should come with 415 ramps unless it has been changed, those are the same as your 06 had from the factory. The 08 and up ramps ( either 413 or 441) are not so good on your stock 06 so take them out. Put your primary spring from the 06 in the new one and give er. Good luck

basecamp

Reaction score
I am thinking you may want to check the bushing in the spring cup in the slide half I broke two sets of inside halfs till I figured it out.

Top Bottom