Toyo AT 2 tires

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running these have any comments on performance?

Wondering how well they work in ice snow and mud... typical sledder road conditions right.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran toyo open country a/t on my duramax and they were the best tire I ever used I put 80000 km on them going back and forth edm to ft Mac

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running a set of the II's for about a month now and I am very impressed. Really great through all this snow, ice and slush as of late. When I was looking to put them on, they were almost hard to get. Many places were out due to the popularity.

snoboy

Reaction score
Only two weeks on a set, but I love them so far. Same review as ZRrrr really.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran toyo open country a/t on my duramax and they were the best tire I ever used I put 80000 km on them going back and forth edm to ft Mac

I also have a set of Open Country Toyo for 45000 Km lots of wear still left - should be good for about 80000 Km (I estimate) . Very good cold weather- ice tire for a 10 ply E load tire. Open Country tires do not have large lugs for off roading but work very well on all weather roads.

Good luck

lubemanager

Reaction score
I had them on my 01 CTD, and they were very good on ice, in snow and mud. When we sold the truck in 06, they only had 35K on them, but didn't look like they had any wear on them.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they're anything like the original AT I'd avoid them like the plague. I had them on my 04' 3/4 ton ram in a 35" tire and they were horrible on anything other than dry pavement or grass. Snow and ice performance was sketchy as well. They didn't wear all that great either, 30,000kms and they were at 50%. And that's with proper inflation, rotating them regularly and no I wasn't doing burnouts constantly. Not to mention fuggin' expensive too.

uninc...

Reaction score
Toyo does a "No Regrets 500 mile or 45 day trial" suppose to even cover mounting and balancing costs. I'm not sure if it they do it in canada or not though.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same hear as far as the first AT . The last set i tried i had them replaced right away as not worth a crap on anything other than dry pavement. Winter driving not good at all.
Would wear out in the center of the tread just like the ones that i tried years before. Correct air pressure and rim width.
The new AT II i would hope to be alot better.

If they're anything like the original AT I'd avoid them like the plague. I had them on my 04' 3/4 ton ram in a 35" tire and they were horrible on anything other than dry pavement or grass. Snow and ice performance was sketchy as well. They didn't wear all that great either, 30,000kms and they were at 50%. And that's with proper inflation, rotating them regularly and no I wasn't doing burnouts constantly. Not to mention fuggin' expensive too.

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I run Toyo M55 on my dually excellent wear 55000km still around 50% tread left a little noisy on the highway but excellent traction in the snow, slush and mud. More aggressive than the AT but not a mud tire like the MT. More of a commercial tire but work well. They are a more durable tire so excellent for gravel roads.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya what Luke said. I had one set on a half ton and they were terrible. 55,000km and they were bald and I was very nice to them. Goodyear dura tracs are awesome. IMO

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run Toyo AT's on last two 3/4 diesels - best tire out there for a good all around application. Good winter traction, excellent wear, quiet on the highway and aggressive enough for a little 4x4 action here and there. Couple buddies got into the AT-2's and are loving them so far as well.

Just my 0.02

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AT II's are much improved over the originals. Have an 80,000km tread life warranty/guarantee now as well. Pretty good for an AT tire. I like them better than the Nokian Rotiiva's.

tool_man

Reaction score
I read lots of bad reviews on the Toyo AT when I bought my set, but I actually really like them and I have ran all brands. Have them on 08 F350 I use primarily for towing and going to Revy so always a trailer or sleds on the deck and bad roads. No issues at all, good traction in ice/snow and seem to be wearing well 50,000 k and still 50 percent or better. Checked out the AT2s and will be replacing these with them, look like much better off road traction.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice summer tire, compounding too hard to make a good winter tire. No snowflake if I am not mistaken, but maybe they have approval now? Been a few years since I ran them.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice summer tire, compounding too hard to make a good winter tire. No snowflake if I am not mistaken, but maybe they have approval now? Been a few years since I ran them.

The A/T 2's have only been available for a few months now. I have run them since November, and although they don't have a snowflake...they are better than any snowflake A/T I have ever run. Bar none, the A/T 2's are best A/T tire on the market. Awesome snow and ice performance for an A/T tire. They aren't as good as a true winter tire, but are the next best thing...and I am running them in a 35x12.50's pulling trailer through the mountains every weekend...and thoroughly impressed!!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hrt can you post a pic? thats the exact tire i want to order but id love to see a real world pic of it!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a set of AT II 285/75 R17 from 1010tire.com for 299 each delivered to my door. Have been running the Toyo MT's for years in the 35 12.5 size but they ate my stock rims after 300 000kms put on new rims with the new tires and so far I like them but haven't had them long enough to be sure. Way quieter on the highway thats for sure and much better traction on the ice coming from a mud tire.

Top Bottom