touring sled

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are touring sleds alright in the mountains? I only will go to the mountains a few times a year the rest will be family/group rides. I have to double my son and or wife so looking a touring oe should I buy a mountain sled and put the extra seat on it when needed?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather make do on the trails with a mountain sled, than to try and ride a touring sled in the mountains. I think the interchangeable 2 up seat is a good idea, there are a few things you could do to the mtn sled to make it more touring friendly, but very little you can change vice versa....trail riding with 10 inch risers does look funny tho....apehangers....:D

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are touring sleds alright in the mountains? I only will go to the mountains a few times a year the rest will be family/group rides. I have to double my son and or wife so looking a touring oe should I buy a mountain sled and put the extra seat on it when needed?

i'v seen everthing up in the hills. if your going to ride by yourself , you need a mountain sled to keep up with the jone's.. but if your just going with your son or wife on the back , go with the touring . but stick to the beaten path as they are heavier, and ride to your experiance. spring ride is the best when touring the mountains. and allways ride in a group...... have fun

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For having passengers, you can't beat a touring sled for comfort and reliability.....ON THE TRAILS, but in deep snow off the trails they sink out of site because of their weight. The key to deep snow and mountain riding off the trails is weight and power; for instance why do you think everyone cuts weight on their sleds or go with the turbos.......and that's all without having a passenger on the back. Also the touring sleds come with usually a 1-1/4 track at best, good for springtime riding but not for fresh, deep powder.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advise guys looks like it will be something more set up for mountian riding.....maybe the wife will have to lrean to ride a sled of her own little 440 touring for her and a 800 for me

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advise guys looks like it will be something more set up for mountian riding.....maybe the wife will have to lrean to ride a sled of her own little 440 touring for her and a 800 for me

probably better to rent a sled for the few times you go, or ya get the wife on her on sled... its more fun to drive than ride behind anyway..

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what happened with quadding once she rode one she had the bug for her own then the same with dirt bikes,which I may look at and buy the snow track kit for one insteed of a sled for my self.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what happened with quadding once she rode one she had the bug for her own then the same with dirt bikes,which I may look at and buy the snow track kit for one insteed of a sled for my self.

i didnt say it would be cheap just best....ps we sell track kits for 2wd sport quads and 4x4s,, and yes even dirt bikes. we have a set for a ltr450 its pretty f ing cool

T

p.s. seen a bunch of empties along highway 28,,,,,,,,,just incase....

Never knew having one could be so expensive huh.................me neither

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how well do the tracks on sport quads work in the deep snow? I image on trails they would do go.

Top Bottom