Top speed......... curious?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is the proof.....2014 Summit 800 Etec 163".....200 km ++

View attachment 185386

Look at the tack.........who said, there is a rev limiter? That baby was just a humming yesterday!

That is pretty fast for a 163" stock 2014 Summit..............oh, I nearly forgot maybe the baffles burned out of theThing! It does make horsepower!!!!!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back read a little and it is there. It is actually drying out by the wood stove and I will see if it will come back to life. I have a feeling it is shot and so does the original Mr.R......

That is what he told me when mine was acting up. Guess what... he was correct. I wasted time trying to dry it out and hoping that was it but it took a new one to make it work.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember having my 95 670 up to 100mph but it only had a 1-1/4" track I think. Everything after has been slower due to bigger tracks. They say the big tracks aren't meant to take the forces of a top speed run and can come apart.

Six years ago my buddy, Glen, died making an innocent little drag race across a pristine mountain lake. Play safe.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several winters ago on a 2010 Skandic 500, down a lease road I got upto 87 m/ph or 132 k/ph. Followed by frost bite.

Superduty 11

Reaction score
2001 Polaris 800 RMK 151, 120 MPH ( according to the speedo) down a road... Fence posts were a blur, the windshield caved back and the wind grabbed my helmet and tore my visor off. YES looking back it was very stupid and could have gone horribly bad.

Reaction score
I wonder what the OP (101............. or whatever his handle is) thinks of that for top speed?

I'm equally as indifferent. I was hoping to get a sense of what "normal" might be..... as a performance benchmark basically. In the end there are just too many makes/models/mods/years to draw any conclusions. Mine may, or may not, be operating optimally.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some dudes on this site talk about track speed.
That is relevant to those dudes that do big climbs on insane chutes or bowls.[
The rest of the dudes hope to not being able to see the speedo because of so much snow pushing over the hood. But that is just me...and a few others.

Top Bottom