Top End Bog

Reaction score
Found that if machine bounces of the rev limiter to much, that the ecu dumps in fuel, which fouls spark plugs. know of you guy that fouled three sets in about 80 miles, threw in proper clutching to tie rpm's down and problem went away.

still have factory weights and am riding in tumblerridge bc pipelining getting 8350-8200rpm how about resistor issues

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2011 pro rmk doing same only difference is fouling plugs 400 km and gone throught 10 sets took to dealer not sure what is going on they bare talking to polaris no fix known yet talked with friend in b c waiting on confirmation supposted to be resistors somewhere in system that is screwing up quick fix

I bet you are running yellow injectors and if you replaced them your problem would be solved. Have two in the shop right now waiting for injectors. seems there was a small bunch with some bad ones.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I want to ask ya. Has anyone confirmed that the PRO RMK does or doesn't have a Rev limiter? This very simple fact will tell us that adding wieght will get rid of the WOT bog. I know that some of you have said that fixed yours.

I was having no problems to speak of till I put on my silencer and I noticed immediately that when you went from low RPMs rapidly to WOT that it would bog to around 6500 or so. I still have the 62's in and i can understand, that will over rev at lower elevation which is why I wonder if anyone has confirmed that there is a rev limiter.

Also I wanted to know if that simply adding a silencer would add more rpms?

I know that the complete pipe sets back in the day would had more rpms, but those sleds didn't have sensors and ch!t all over them and would rev to blast off of the pistons if you wanted to.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah just got the yellow injectors replaced with blue and got a reflash and now it runs way better still bogged once on me this wekend but i think its cuz i grabbed the throttle weird.

Reaction score
I've tried checking harness conections, new plugs, checked plug caps, a new shut off switch, new throttle safety switch and still does it. Dealer is working on it right now. Will try injectors and ecu. As for the park brake I could not engage it so took the lever off and groud off 1mm where it contacts plunger, now I can engage it better.

have u been fouling plugs i have gone throught 10 sets nobody knows what the problem is had new injectors installed still a problem

jaws

Reaction score
450 mi on pro163 had some bog once in a while with under 150 mi but has since gone away.i have the yellow injectors i run prem fuel from what ever gas station is open with the non eth plug and since about the 150 mi mark it works amazing all day.have also been running a specialty can and vent kit since about 200mi.this is my first return to polaris since 01 800 rmk and in between have had 3 revs and one boosted apex this machine is by far the best all around sled i have ridden and the bog has disappeared on its own...no fouled plugs or belt issues...knock on wood!

Reaction score
Found that if machine bounces of the rev limiter to much, that the ecu dumps in fuel, which fouls spark plugs. know of you guy that fouled three sets in about 80 miles, threw in proper clutching to tie rpm's down and problem went away.

hay rockydaug have you heard of any issues with fouling plugs on these pro rmk looking for some sugestions

rockydaug

Reaction score
Yep, know of a couple of guys that were running to light of weights, bouncing off the rev limiter, when this happens ECU dumps fuel. On mine, the throttle cable came out of adjustment, changes TPS settings and fuel map, fouled PTO side spark plug. And for whatever reason it always seems to foul that plug.:beer:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bigb270polaris

The resistor is above the clutch cover looks like a square plug on the end of a wire. You should of got a premium non-ethenol plug when you purchased your sled plug it in and give that a try if you haven't already.
Never fouled a plug yet. I think if you foul a plug its cause if you let it idle too long it loads up motor especially when you first start it up in the morning. I let it warm up to 65 on the temp gauge then go on my way, then when I'm up to temp 120 I giver.I also add 250ml of inj oil to every tank.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bigb270polaris

The resistor is above the clutch cover looks like a square plug on the end of a wire. You should of got a premium non-ethenol plug when you purchased your sled plug it in and give that a try if you haven't already.
Never fouled a plug yet. I think if you foul a plug its cause if you let it idle too long it loads up motor especially when you first start it up in the morning. I let it warm up to 65 on the temp gauge then go on my way, then when I'm up to temp 120 I giver.I also add 250ml of inj oil to every tank.

I idle mine till it is at 120 never fouled a plug yet, mine does not load up at all when I idle.

Assaulter

Reaction score
Alright Guys, does anyone have any new information, or an actual fix from Polaris to cure this Bogging Issue yet? I have a 2011 Assault, and I can't get this bog to go away for anything, and quite frankly it's really pissing me off! The Sled is awesome....except the bog, which is really cramping my riding style! Can anyone help me out please?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the resistor and your fuel, TPS adjustment is also critical. Ensure you are running Non eth fuel and run the non eth chip, if you are running eth run the eth chip.

Assaulter

Reaction score
I'm running the Non-Eth Plug, and I only use Chevron Supreme 94 or 91 Octane faithfully Zmoke. I was told that Chevron didn't have Ethanol in their high octane fuel. I'm starting to wonder if maybe this isn't the case? I have never had a problem with any other of my Polaris Sleds using that fuel until I bought this Pro last year. Do you suggest that I try the 10% Plug and see what happens? I've heard all these other Pro owners with the same frustration. I've heard to replace Injectors, lose ECM plug, TPS, too light of weights, spark plug caps etc, but I haven't heard of an "actuall fix" to cure this problem? My sled is just off warranty, and the nearest Polaris Dealership is about 5 hrs and a Ferry ride away, so taking it in isn't an easy, or cheap task!

rugbynitro

Reaction score
Try these solutions in this order to isolate the problem.

1. Try Shell premium fuel as it has no ethanol (fact) and run with the non ethanol plug. You need to be certain you've burned off the old gas.

2. If it still bogs, try running the same gas with the ethanol plug. There is no harm in doing this, as the plug increases fuel delivery 5-10% only.

3. If it still bogs, then you have eliminated fuel or the resistor as the problem and have to look at:

4. Injectors

5. TPS settings

6. If the problem is occurring at WOT it is very likely that you are hitting the rev limiter because your weights are too light. Don't expect to see the RPM's drop on your display, it happens too quickly for most people to notice or using the record feature. Add heavier weights for your elevation.

7. It could be your spark plugs, Polaris is running new and improved plug for the 12's that can be used in the 11's.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. :cool:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Non-Eth Plug, and I only use Chevron Supreme 94 or 91 Octane faithfully Zmoke. I was told that Chevron didn't have Ethanol in their high octane fuel.QUOTE]

Cheveron Supreme 91 has ethanol in it, Chev 94 does not. Shell 91 is Good as well.

Assaulter

Reaction score
Ok Fella's. I will give your suggestions a whirl, and see what I come up with. I really appreciate your input on this issue. I'm really hoping to solve this issue sooner than later!
Thanks much!!

prairie rmk

Reaction score
My pro rmk 800 was experiencing a similar top end bog, I have 1300 miles and still had the original plugs in it. I put in the new updated plugs(which I was told are exactly the same, except they use a copper core) and put some Sea Foam motor cleaner in the gas tank. I took it for a test run and worked it hard and couldn't get it to bog at all. The day before doing the exact same thing, it started bogging after a few short WOT pulls, and kept bogging super easy after that. Hard to say if it is 100% fixed until I get some more miles on with some decent snow, but it was really a day and night difference.

Luvinit

Reaction score
Another thought, check your exhaust valves and fully disssasemble them and clean all ports, also the port down to the piston, mine was 3/4 plugged, i,m sure it was slowing the reaction of the valves.

Top Bottom