Top End Bog

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sled will definately have a bog if your running the stock weights riding around edmonton. also co-op fuel has to be the worst fuel to run in your sled. doens't matter if its regular or premium.

dschwindt

Reaction score
I have some dalton adjustable weights on the way will give them a try and see what a little more weight will do to mine.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got home from work checked which injectors i have... YELLOW. tried to start it to load it up to take it in tomorrow and now it wont even try to start. Pretty pissed at all this. pay 13 Grand for something that has had an issue everytime iv ridin it. i didnt even try to figure out why it wouldnt start just dragged it onto the trailer and they can deal with it and they better quick, that or buy me an E-Tec. haha

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got home from work checked which injectors i have... YELLOW. tried to start it to load it up to take it in tomorrow and now it wont even try to start. Pretty pissed at all this. pay 13 Grand for something that has had an issue everytime iv ridin it. i didnt even try to figure out why it wouldnt start just dragged it onto the trailer and they can deal with it and they better quick, that or buy me an E-Tec. haha

bet if you check your throttle cable freeplay or change your spark plugs it would start.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have but i was in a rush. when i got it to the dealer tho pulled it once and it started... injectors are backordered so looks like im just gunna take it to valemount like this on tuesday and hope the bog goes away for a few days

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled has been running awsome the last 200 miles or so. It sure haul a** now and super fun that it run so good . This would of been great if it was like that from new. I would like to thank Extreme Power Products in St.Paul for all their help and work to get this thing running awesome.:d:d:d:d:d:d

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled has been running awsome the last 200 miles or so. It sure haul a** now and super fun that it run so good . This would of been great if it was like that from new. I would like to thank Extreme Power Products in St.Paul for all their help and work to get this thing running awesome.:d:d:d:d:d:d

what all did they do to it or find for issues?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled was cutting out at W.O.T. RPMs would go from 8150and drop to 6500Would just just off and you would hug the bars hard was getting a sore chest, had it happen going over a hill and it did it, got myself a fat lip.
This was happening 40-50 time per ride till I figured out when it would do it . Motor would slowly rev down from 8150 then bang it would happen.It would do it on a hard pull in deep snow ,motor had to be under load.

Works good now.:d:d

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris told dealer to change shut off switch tried that, nope,then we tried throttle safety switch. No go again. They had a new sled that was broken, A-Arm busted off on rock. We tried injector and ecm. No luck. Sled was still cuuting out at W.O.T. This has been hapeening since sled was new. Tested fuel. Ok . Had been running premium from Co-op no ethenol, so we tried the non -ethonol plug.I didn't happen for the mechanic but when I took it out it did it some more but not as often. Like I said in the last 200 miles it hasn't done it again. I now have 700+ miles and couldn't ask for a better sled . Maybe sled needed more miles but what an experience I was having. Very fustrating.:confused::confused::confused:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled was cutting out at W.O.T. RPMs would go from 8150and drop to 6500Would just just off and you would hug the bars hard was getting a sore chest, had it happen going over a hill and it did it, got myself a fat lip.
This was happening 40-50 time per ride till I figured out when it would do it . Motor would slowly rev down from 8150 then bang it would happen.It would do it on a hard pull in deep snow ,motor had to be under load.

Works good now.:d:d

Mine does the exact same thing now im waiting for injectors. what did they do to yours that it works good now???

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris told dealer to change shut off switch tried that, nope,then we tried throttle safety switch. No go again. They had a new sled that was broken, A-Arm busted off on rock. We tried injector and ecm. No luck. Sled was still cuuting out at W.O.T. This has been hapeening since sled was new. Tested fuel. Ok . Had been running premium from Co-op no ethenol, so we tried the non -ethonol plug.I didn't happen for the mechanic but when I took it out it did it some more but not as often. Like I said in the last 200 miles it hasn't done it again. I now have 700+ miles and couldn't ask for a better sled . Maybe sled needed more miles but what an experience I was having. Very fustrating.:confused::confused::confused:

Some had a loose wire going into the ECM, plug isn't pushed in all of the way.
Happened to a buddy of mine as well, fixed in seconds.

hogan assault

Reaction score
From what I have seen most gas stations will contain up to 10% in reg, 5% in mid, and 0% ethanol in premium, just bought my assault, running the non ethanol resistor with premium 91 octante fuel, and seems to be running like a dream.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen most gas stations will contain up to 10% in reg, 5% in mid, and 0% ethanol in premium, just bought my assault, running the non ethanol resistor with premium 91 octante fuel, and seems to be running like a dream.

Same here, runs like a top, have never run it with the ethanol resistor and never run anything but Shell Premium. :)

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i changed out the track on my assault and i figured since i had it apart i would check all the wires/plugs so i unplugged and replugged almost everything under the hood and took the sled for a rip with the new track and couldnt get it to bog... but i dont know if the new track being 12 pounds lighter is affecting it a little bit or if it was a loose plug. either way cycle works wants to put new injectors in mine so im not going to say it doesnt bog anymore haha.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Im running Shell 91 octane with the Non ethanol resistor in. Shell claims to have no ethanol in there premium fuel.
I was out today on the flatlands and had the sled pulling about 8150-8200 Rpms at track speed about 60-62 mph and sled would drop to about 6500 rmps did this serval times.

Sounds like this problem is becoming a big problem for all of us:mad:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running Shell 91 octane with the Non ethanol resistor in. Shell claims to have no ethanol in there premium fuel.
I was out today on the flatlands and had the sled pulling about 8150-8200 Rpms at track speed about 60-62 mph and sled would drop to about 6500 rmps did this serval times.

Sounds like this problem is becoming a big problem for all of us:mad:

what weights are you running? are the plugs tight on your ecm? is your fuel resistor installed tight? are your plug caps tight? are the wires going into the cap tight? are the wires going into the coil tight?

just some things to possibly check.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
what weights are you running? are the plugs tight on your ecm? is your fuel resistor installed tight? are your plug caps tight? are the wires going into the cap tight? are the wires going into the coil tight?

just some things to possibly check.

im running 68 gram weights which should be the proper weight for my elevation. Weights arnt the problem because it will pull 8100- 8250 rpms wide open through a field then bog to 6500 rpms. Just had a ecm fail this was my first day today with my new ecm. Delear just checked plug caps and wires for tightness and the wires into the coil.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after i unplugged and replugged everything under the hood iv got anouther 40 miles on since and cannot get it to bog now.

Top Bottom