Top End Bog

WesG

Reaction score
My bog was either the throttle safety switch or the kill switch. Unhooked both and it runs perfectly. Three tanks of full through it since doing this and not one bog. The throttle safety switch had a bunch of moisture in behind the pin where the contacts are. There does not look to be any way to seal this small chamber from moisture coming in where the pin goes through the plastic to the throttle. It would not surprise me if the switch checks out ok but the moisture is the culprit. I would only do this if you have a tether as I have had my throttle ice up and stick on twice this year.

Kashworth

Reaction score
68 gram weights were the trick for my top end bog problem, but they dropped the RPM down to 7950, I'm now gonna try 66's to see if I can get to the 8100-8200 mark.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a new, supposedly revised, kill switch assembly put on mine. I've only been out once, but no bog issues so far.:beer:

dschwindt

Reaction score
Changed weights to 65g 3-6000 Feet and only using Non Ethanol plug with good premium fuel has fixed mine. 20 hours since bog has came up with this setup.

hogan assault

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, havn't done anything yet, hasn't happened the last two times I was out, running excellent. Couldn't be happier, but I will be buying a set of weights just to be safe..:beer:

mt.sledder

Reaction score
68 gram weights were the trick for my top end bog problem, but they dropped the RPM down to 7950, I'm now gonna try 66's to see if I can get to the 8100-8200 mark.

What elevation are you riding at? I was just in Revy and my 155 pro struggles with 62 gram weights, 7700-7800 with stock secondary spring and 7900 to 8050 with the black purple spring. 58 gram weights were hitting the rev limiter once in a while. Never had any 60's to try. I can't even pull 8200rpm with 66 gram weights at 2000 feet. My sled must be way down on power????

mt.sledder

Reaction score
use 70g weights around Edmonton and 64g weights in the mountains and get rid of the non-ethanol plug.....will run like a top!!!
These machines like the weight.

I can't get mine to pull rpm's with the 62's in. Can't imagine how low the rpm's would be with 64's.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was pulling 78-7900 with a broken primary spring and 62 grams at 5-6000 feet. New spring and 64 grams pulled 8100 all day long in heavy wet snow. :( Not sure what yours could be doing unless it is down on power like you say. Hope you get it figured out.

mt.sledder

Reaction score
will definately remove the cover and check the primary spring. Had a look at it while in the clutch and it never looked broken, switched out the weights a few times this weekend without removing clutch or the cover and it never felt broken.

depthcharger

Reaction score
I can't get mine to pull rpm's with the 62's in. Can't imagine how low the rpm's would be with 64's.

I ran the 62g weights and a brand new polaris belt in mcbride this weekend and could only get about 7600 rpm before belt broke in, then was at 8250 on all pulls.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i had the same deal with mine would only pull 7500-7700 rpm took it to the dealer and they hooked it up to the computer and flashed the throttle sensor or something like that cant remember exactly what they called it but what ever it was did the trick was at area 51 and boulder this weekend and it ran awesome pulled all weekend long around the 7800- 8200 mark

dingle

Reaction score
i ride the rmk pro and was having the same issue as everyone else, but only after i put on the mbrp can. i had the ethanol plug in and was runnin petrocanada fuel. changed out the resistor to the non ethanol and switched to premium shell gasoline. hasn't bogged since! was out in valemount this weekend and was pullin 8100 8200 all weekend with stock weights. never missed a beat! couldn't be happier!

Reaction score
I've tried checking harness conections, new plugs, checked plug caps, a new shut off switch, new throttle safety switch and still does it. Dealer is working on it right now. Will try injectors and ecu. As for the park brake I could not engage it so took the lever off and groud off 1mm where it contacts plunger, now I can engage it better.

my 2011 pro rmk doing same only difference is fouling plugs 400 km and gone throught 10 sets took to dealer not sure what is going on they bare talking to polaris no fix known yet talked with friend in b c waiting on confirmation supposted to be resistors somewhere in system that is screwing up quick fix

rockydaug

Reaction score
my 2011 pro rmk doing same only difference is fouling plugs 400 km and gone throught 10 sets took to dealer not sure what is going on they bare talking to polaris no fix known yet talked with friend in b c waiting on confirmation supposted to be resistors somewhere in system that is screwing up quick fix

Found that if machine bounces of the rev limiter to much, that the ecu dumps in fuel, which fouls spark plugs. know of you guy that fouled three sets in about 80 miles, threw in proper clutching to tie rpm's down and problem went away.

Top Bottom