Top End Bog

RMKer

Reaction score
well just walked in after ridin for 3 hrs. Bogged the entire time. does anyone think its the snow conditions?? (around edmonton) I have the ethanol plug in. I have not tried without it in......

ideas?

RMKer

Reaction score
here we go guys. Fueled up from superstore - Ethanol NOT listed on the pumps. Ran shitty today with the 10% ethanol resistor in as most polaris dealers I spoke to about this told me to run with it in - in Canada.....

150 miles on the sled, and haven't run WITHOUT the 10% resistor plugged in. I just changed it out and plugged in the NON ETHANOL and went out for 1/2 an hour. Not ONE stutter/bog. Is running with the NON ETHANOL plug truly a "taboo" like the poo dealers say it is???? Seems to run much better - What's your opinions??

Do they know what they're actually talkin about since it's so new, or is this ethanol plug an old concept.....

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here we go guys. Fueled up from superstore - Ethanol NOT listed on the pumps. Ran shitty today with the 10% ethanol resistor in as most polaris dealers I spoke to about this told me to run with it in - in Canada.....

150 miles on the sled, and haven't run WITHOUT the 10% resistor plugged in. I just changed it out and plugged in the NON ETHANOL and went out for 1/2 an hour. Not ONE stutter/bog. Is running with the NON ETHANOL plug truly a "taboo" like the poo dealers say it is???? Seems to run much better - What's your opinions??

Do they know what they're actually talkin about since it's so new, or is this ethanol plug an old concept.....

So... to me it seems like this stupid ethonal plug deal is causing alot of greif. So it sounds like its working better for people to have it set to run non-ethonal fuel but actually have ethonal fuel in the sled.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed new injectors and ecu. Sled still bogged when the mechanic tested it. Figure he should try Non-ethenol plug, sled would not bog for him after that and to try it out, also said to put octane boost to make sure premium had enough octane in it . Well got a fat lip in the first mile , sled doesn't bog as much but still does it 5-6 times in a 45 mile ride. Hopefully Polaris figures it out soon.

nohlan_4

Reaction score
Installed new injectors and ecu. Sled still bogged when the mechanic tested it. Figure he should try Non-ethenol plug, sled would not bog for him after that and to try it out, also said to put octane boost to make sure premium had enough octane in it . Well got a fat lip in the first mile , sled doesn't bog as much but still does it 5-6 times in a 45 mile ride. Hopefully Polaris figures it out soon.

I would be cautious about what type of octane boost you use. Some actually use ethanol to boost the octane level, which could put the ethanol level in your fuel dangerously high.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried Lucas octane boost as SLP recomends it , also I run Co-op premium which I was told has no Ethenol in it. If these sled can't run right then maybe I need to go to the dark side.

H2O

Reaction score
I have only experienced the bog a couple of times...... but I am afraid it could get worse.

IMO a bog represents a momentary fuel shortage or shut off....... or momentary ignition shut off.

I would like to see what the fuel pressure is at the moment of the bog??

There is a easy access to the shrader port on top of the gas tank.

I will try this only when mine gets worse.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that the non-ethanol plug is fixing the problem for some of you. When I switched from the ethanol to the non-ethanol plug things got worse. :confused:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the ethanol plug right away on my sled, haven't had a problem or hickup since!

RMKer

Reaction score
I think our fuel in Canada is much cleaner than we all think. The rules in the USA is for ethanol 10% in all of their fuel but Canada hasn't implemented that yet.

I hope that running without this plug fixes the problem..????

dschwindt

Reaction score
Seems kind of funny that when this engine goes into limp mode for detonation it will flash check engine light read det on the screen and limit RPM to 6500 (which its suppose to do). While most of us are getting the 6500 RPM bog but no lights or codes for detonation so something in the ecm or something must be limiting it to 6500 RPM but polaris said my sled is up to date for programming ?? . Just throwin it out there

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems kind of funny that when this engine goes into limp mode for detonation it will flash check engine light read det on the screen and limit RPM to 6500 (which its suppose to do). While most of us are getting the 6500 RPM bog but no lights or codes for detonation so something in the ecm or something must be limiting it to 6500 RPM but polaris said my sled is up to date for programming ?? . Just throwin it out there

Well for whatever reason mine the temperature light comes on but goes out as soon as you let off the throttle

dschwindt

Reaction score
havent seen this yet on mine , polaris just recommends checking plugs and caps and send it back to customer to try again which is outright stupid they need to find and fix the problem people spend allot of money on these machines and some are already in the shop 2 weeks from purchase. Also my throttle safety switch is not functioning aswell. Will check it out when the dealer is done with it hopefully soon.

jaws

Reaction score
curious about where you were riding when this is happening..... ie elevation.is this not what the rev limiter is supposed to do when it is over revved? if you were riding at lower elevation the 'bog' or rpm change would be the normal fail safe if you are clutched for higher elevation imo.

dschwindt

Reaction score
SW of Edmonton 3000' elevation stock 10-62 weights but ran fine for the first 7 hours riding in the same area. I have touched the rev limiter once on a road and it did slow the engine down. Then i used the 3 min record tool on the dash computer and the highest I got was 8350 recorded but maybe it did not catch it. Anything is possible now.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has done it at elevation but it wasnt this bad until after anouther 2 hours of riding around edmonton with stock clutch weights. iv hit the limiter on a lake doin doughnuts before a few times and no issues like this. I need this issue fixed by tuesday tho or i dont know what im going to valemount with... frustrating

assault800

Reaction score
And I thought that I was just getting weak in the wrist-same deal-park brake impossible to engage. I also had a loose spark plug boot.Ocassional drop in rpms during hard pulls.Last trip out,the primary was holding on to the belt at 1700 rpms and wouldnt dis-engage without blurping the throttle. I havent had a look to see what the issue is with that yet. Sure am liking this sled though. 7 trips to the mtns. so far.:Cool9:

my buddy took his in to elk island polaris the secondary spring was broken in two the pipe temp sensor was screwed and kill switch did not work it is electric issues

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i just talked to CW and their saying that their is 3 different injectors used and they have found that all the sleds with yellow injectors have the WOT bog so when i get home from work im going to check if mine are yellow injectors and if so its going to the dealership i guess... however they figure it could take a while to get injectors in...

dschwindt

Reaction score
Got mine back from the dealer today polaris would only let them hook up to diagnostic computer and shorten the plug wire at the caps and send back to customer to test. So I brought it home and it bogged just like before as expected. Pulled the 10% ethanol plug out and put in non ethanol plug and it ran much better but it did bog a couple of times at wide open throttle. I have the yellow injectors aswell. Behind the motor on the injectos lines there is a colored piece of tape which will be the color of injector you have. Maybe the ones that are not having the problem could check and see what color there's are.

Top Bottom