toolbox, cabinet, chest

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with snap on or mac and when you out grow it trade it in on your new one they hold there value quite well

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
If your just a weekend mechanic though do you still think it's worth it. I've got a lot of craftsman stuff and it works well for me!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got this at Peavy Mart a few years ago, $1,400.00 on sale. Serves me very well, I was impressed with it for the money. Measures 58 inches tall, 56 wide & 24 deep.

Attachments

• 100_0976.jpg
    100_0976.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 27

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fossy, I can help you out with tool boxes. Let me know what ball park price you want to spend and measurements then I can email you some pics.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Stainless steel one and the black one from Costco and haven't had any issues from either of them. They are built solid, have lots of room, and the best part was that they were affordable at each one being under $1000 dollars. I would recommend them to anyone, but I guess I don't need them to say "Snap on Tools" on them to be a good deal either.:winkmsn::twocents:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
blastoff !!!! yammmmmi i was looking at that same toolbox at peavey u got a steel of a deal
here they want for the same box
bottom 2200
top 1800

but thats a really nice size

ps:bunny !!!! it doesnt surprise me at all that that is ure toolbox !!! just remember how often u got towd down the mountain last year ! now look at ure toolbox again ... u could get the answer right away y u always get towd :) :)

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of the AME'S I used to work with have the Costco boxes and are very pleased with them, rolling them across the hangar daily and no problem.

Cheers
Chris

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blastoff !!!! yammmmmi i was looking at that same toolbox at peavey u got a steel of a deal
here they want for the same box
bottom 2200
top 1800but thats a really nice size

Like I said the quality is there, [ex tradesman] if I were on the floor everyday I would buy a Snap Off or Mac, I had just bought the bottom moved all my tools over and still wasnt enough room so went back and got the top two days later. They had customer appreciation days with 15% off when I bought mine. I seen these in LLoydminster also but they were more than I paid. I paid for the bottom $800.00, top was $600.00. Talk to the manager and make a deal that`s what I did.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a NAPA Premium box last December, they go on sale a couple times a year, top and bottom chest, can't remember the exact dimensions. Was just under a grand. I am very happy with it so far. Here's a pic:

P1000140.jpg

Please ingore the messy garage, was just finishing the inside up.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the Sears Craftsman stuff. No hassle lifetime warranty and made to last. Not to mention the fact that the money you save, which will be in the thousands of dollars on the same style toolbox.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
dont get me wrong guys but y do so many peeps here role there toolbox all over the place ???
i mean yes if i got a big big job in a different bay i also do it but for the most part i just use my cart
after a while a guy just knows waht sockets he needs to take a trani out or a engine
my box prob leaves my bay twice a year thats about it

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the Sears Craftsman stuff. No hassle lifetime warranty and made to last. Not to mention the fact that the money you save, which will be in the thousands of dollars on the same style toolbox.

They are way cheaper but I will put 4 times the weight in my SO then you ever will in a sears box. and I can open mine with 1 finger.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are way cheaper but I will put 4 times the weight in my SO then you ever will in a sears box. and I can open mine with 1 finger.

Have to disagree with you there, have you tried the newer heavy duty series stuff? has all the same features as the snap-on and mac stuff, gas strut lids, anti static rubber ball bearing castors , ball bearing slides, etc.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
went too local peavey mart today and had a look

hmmmm
nice boxes

they got a 56x20x38 bottom and 56x20x30 top (black with silver handles, ball bearings, antislip bottoms, big wheels, gas shocks)

bottom is reg 799
top is reg 599

would be 1400
i asked if ther might be special deal if i take both right away
and he offered 1250

think i should wait a little and maybe try to really talko to manager myself
1000 bucks and i would take it i think and wouldnt even look for anything else

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went too local peavey mart today and had a look

hmmmm
nice boxes

would be 1400
i asked if ther might be special deal if i take both right away
and he offered 1250

think i should wait a little and maybe try to really talko to manager myself
1000 bucks and i would take it i think and wouldnt even look for anything else
Ask the manager when they have the customer appreciation days thats when I bought mine.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I have a snap-on KRA2418 for sale.Red. With the stainless steel top. 72" wide. I work out of a finning service truck. I don't have the room in my garage for the big box. P.M. if your interested.
I agree with the other mechanics on the post. Buy a good box. Lifetime warenty no mater who owns it. Easy to get parts and service for the snap-on and mac boxes.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a snap-on KRA2418 for sale.Red. With the stainless steel top. 72" wide. I work out of a finning service truck. I don't have the room in my garage for the big box. P.M. if your interested.
I agree with the other mechanics on the post. Buy a good box. Lifetime warenty no mater who owns it. Easy to get parts and service for the snap-on and mac boxes.

How much, any dings scatches etc? I wish it was cranberry to match my top box.

Top Bottom