toolbox, cabinet, chest

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
howdy

my toolbox is just getting way way too small so im looking for a new one

was wonderig if anyone knows good places to buy tool boxes (mechanic use)
size should be at least 42" wide and prefered top and bottom

also if someone might know ayone who sells a toolbox

would apreciate to maybe get in contact with them

thx alot

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to kijiji in Edmonton and look for this ad ID # 155975354

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my stainless steel box from Costco for $800. I looked at Snap-On, Mac, a bunch of others, way too expensive. I looked at a couple used ones, but they were used for way more than I paid for my new one.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 40

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My apprentice at work had that same box,.. it fell apart 2 weeks after he bought it. He took it back and they exchanged it for a more expensive one that was able to be rolled across a shop "with" tools in it.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I've had mine for almost 2 years, i have the bottom 2 drawers right full of air tools, and the rest is full too. I move it around almost everyday, never had a problem with it.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya,.. I was kind of shocked as well. The black textured one he has now is a lot better. Of course, rolling across our shop involves moving anywheres from 10ft to 200ft, depends on how many jobs you have that day.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
blastoff : pretty funny !!! :)
the nap on add hmmm too expensive for that prize u just about get a brand new 54" (i dont care about the name or brand of the box)

i like the costco ones
know 2 guys which have them and that a nice size of toolbox

im looking every week on kijiji but mostly u find small boxes which dont help me

thx for the help so far guys

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u pay for it murm ???
i put in 1grant rest up to u

no my max is kinda 1grant to at the very very most 1500

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco. I bought one from there and its great. I bought the big black one, Torflex I think it is, lots of storage, rolls easy when you load it up with all the tools.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peavey mart in leduc seems to have good deals on bigger boxes. Don't have one so cannot comment on the quality though.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just aheads up fossy. I'm an hd mech. was lookin same as you at buying a costco or craftsman/mastercraft etc. finally bit the bullet and spent the money and bought a snap on. qaulity is at least 1000x better. metal is heavier and rollers smoother on loaded drawers, wheels are stronger, e.tc.I would suggest spending the money and getting a snap on or mac. if you are going to keep for more than 2 or 3 years and are going to use it for work.Cheaper boxes will work for at home and if you want to replace it every couple years but if you want it to last get a good qaulity one. just my two cents.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
the mastercraft i got now (starter set from napa) functions absolutely perfect it just gets too small

i know quality might be better at snap on or mac

but really i dont think thats the reason u pay just about 3-4 times as much for there toolboxes other than paying for the stupid name sticker on the box

box size i would like i would roughly spend 8grant at snapon and no thx thats a bit too much for a stupid metallbox in my world

still thank u for ure input magnet :)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Snap-on KLR 791 top box Cranberry color. I love that thing, its not just a tool box its a piece of art IMO, I will pass this thing onto my son. I've had lots of the "other" boxes. They are all junk collectors now as you cant sell them, well not for what they should be worth, so they become bolt/screw bins etc. Once you go Snap on or Mac you will never go back IMO If I sell this box it will be to get a bigger one. I need more room but I think I'm just going to buy the bottom box.:beer:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been a HD mechanic since '93 and have my original Snap-On top and bottom roll cabinet and can honestly say that if I had a cheap set, I would have gone through about 50 boxes. Mine top box gets loaded into my service truck regularly, the bottom I have never changed the wheels and have moved that thing more distance than probably most have walked at their job.

IMO, if you use it for a professional trade, and you move it from job to job,.. don't cheap out cause you will pay for it in the long run. But to each his own, buy what you think is right.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my stainless steel box from Costco for $800. I looked at Snap-On, Mac, a bunch of others, way too expensive. I looked at a couple used ones, but they were used for way more than I paid for my new one.

I have the same box. The more tools you put in it, the smoother the drawers roll. I have never had a problem.

By far the best bang for the buck.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont forget Craftsman. I have had one of there boxes for close to 9 Years. Its finally seeing some wear(1 broken drawer that can be fixed but im to lazy) and i think im gonna go with either another craftsman or to the costco one.

Top Bottom