Today's the 2013s ride...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know for me, I am going to be on my '12 next winter unless I find a big bag of cash on the side of the road. I am still pretty happy with it, still best sled out of the crate I have ridden. (I am not counting the 2013 as its not actually available for everyone just yet)

With a few changes over the summer, airframe boards, maybe the 2013 snowflap, and possibly iceage rails with the better attack angle I will still have a sled I love riding and throw $1000 at it just to make it a little better.

The t-motion upgrade for the '12 would be okay, but I would rather do a full rear upgrade to do away with the torsion springs all together.

If next season someone wants to trade their 2013 seat for the 2012 seat I might be up for that. I liked the shorter seat.

Is S.M out of bed and recovering from his 2013 envy yet?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is Sean Maxwell anyway? Caught him earlier on another thread giving Lenny R the what for. Must be riding I guess.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JoHNI......you need to follow all the threads. Lol. There is a black one available now! Your dreams have come true. HaHa.

巣みる幣日に酢ゆみにつす保瀬無風区

I am try n lol but I am Japan it's hard to keep up haha be back in a few days do we have a price yet or is that in spring

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
巣みる幣日に酢ゆみにつす保瀬無風区

I am try n lol but I am Japan it's hard to keep up haha be back in a few days do we have a price yet or is that in spring

HaHa. Didn't realize you were livin the life across the pond. PM me when you get back. Would love to give you a quote. Watch out for the raw fish. HaHa.

jdaniel

Reaction score
Hmm..Ken from milo. Same Ken I snow checked a 2011 154x from ?
If so..I'd like to talk 2013 with you. Am thinking of snowchecking from A+E
Dan from Elkford.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. Didn't realize you were livin the life across the pond. PM me when you get back. Would love to give you a quote. Watch out for the raw fish. HaHa.

raw fish and raw beef!!! shark fin soup they have it all here!!!! very strict food control the fruit and veggies are so good and in perfect condition

pm coming... hoping to sled Friday do we got some freshies? whos riding?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
raw fish and raw beef!!! shark fin soup they have it all here!!!! very strict food control the fruit and veggies are so good and in perfect condition

pm coming... hoping to sled Friday do we got some freshies? whos riding?

Lots of fresh falling to the west, problem is its sliding back down at the same time. Its been plus 13 for 4-5 days now.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all right here we go again tomorrow 6 or 7 hrs of seat time at camp Carl should be a gooder

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my confirmation for a VIP ride. This is what they sent me. You are confirmed for the following appointment:
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2012 Time: 1:00pm With: Revelstoke, BC

That's it........I have no idea where in Revelstoke lol If i don't hear from them I won't waste my time that day looking. Sent a reply to their email but it came back undeliverable. 1:00pm seems like a late start. Is like a spin around the block and that is it?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my confirmation for a VIP ride. This is what they sent me. You are confirmed for the following appointment:
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2012 Time: 1:00pm With: Revelstoke, BC

That's it........I have no idea where in Revelstoke lol If i don't hear from them I won't waste my time that day looking. Sent a reply to their email but it came back undeliverable. 1:00pm seems like a late start. Is like a spin around the block and that is it?

I'll see if I can dig up some info for you tomorrow Bert. There will be 2 different runs that day. A morning ride and an afternoon ride. Each ride lasts about 4 hours. Maximum exposure for the product the more peeps they push through. I estimate it will take you about 10 minutes to fall in love with the new XM. Lol.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll see if I can dig up some info for you tomorrow Bert. There will be 2 different runs that day. A morning ride and an afternoon ride. Each ride lasts about 4 hours. Maximum exposure for the product the more peeps they push through. I estimate it will take you about 10 minutes to fall in love with the new XM. Lol.
10 minutes eh! has to be good for sales.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

The first thing you gotta doo is get him there......Where is the rendezvous point?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier House Resort is the meeting point for the Revy ride with Frisby being the area of choice.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the am yesterday on the XM at Revy. Then drove to Sicamouse and spent the afternoon at Owl's on my 2011. Since I was by myself - I was in the meadows and the trees only for comparison.

The bad. The thing pushes pretty bad in the corners on the trails. I only had it for 4 hours.

The good. The thing pushes pretty bad in the corners on the trails. Finally a Summit that in not a reconfigured trail sled.

The conditions yesterday were about 5 inches of fresh on top of some totally pounded out conditions around the Summit cabin at Frisby. I would have preferred sticking around the first cabin in the trees. Similar to a lunch of others - I was overcompensating for this sled. Wrong foot forward, etc. I was lucky enough that the BRP rep Paul was riding with me so he gave me a few tips.

To give a perspective, I was able to carve this sled on the flats in 5 inches of fresh on top of hardback. I cannot do that on my 2011 without it bucking like a bronc, and that sled is really dialed in now. It lives for being on one ski. I was able to try some sidhilling, and even in the chopped up conditions it smoothly held a line. Direction changes were best accomplished with a little weight shift through the seat. I was actually able to hold a sidehill at the end with my feet on both boards, and just using a weight shift and pushing through the seat with my downhill knee.

When it does want to fall off a sidehill or a carve, it is much less abrupt than a 2011. You get more warning so you can make a correction earlier.

I was initially not convinced on the new foot position. When I rode up, it seemed that you were in the same position as the XP. I did find that once I started in the technical stuff, your feet did not catch like they do sometimes on that trailing bit of plastic in the foot wells on the XP. That was good. I found a bit of snow to try some j hooks. Wow - that is where it shined. Foot right up , that think caught like nothing, shift back and it was headed right up the hill.

In riding my 2011 in the afternoon - nothing too much different it seems except that the XM is just way easier to ride and a little more predictable in all situations. The ETEC powerband I think really shines in this chassis vs the Powertek.

The other improvements were nice. Love the google compartment. Could fit two pairs of gloves plus 509 goggles in it. The new gas tank mounts are great. I will not be able to throw those straps on the 2011 far enough away... That small trunk behind the seat itsuseless. They are talking about a bag that will replace as an accessory. That would be better.

The bar switches are great. Low profile - should not get broken rolling over the sled like the 2011 do. The one thing theat is coming off is that stupid rigid strap. We were in really flat light, and I got bucked forward on a bad rut. Stupid thing caught the face guard on my MX helmet

For what it is worth - phoned Grassland to snow check as soon as I got back to the truck.

---
I am here:

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the difference in power delivery or what, but the XM felt way more linear in the delivery than my '08. mine actually "feels" like the power comes on much more explosive than the e-tec. it sure doesn't feel like 14 more hp. the "tippyness" still didn't strike me as bad as an M series or Dragon (haven't got to try a Pro chassis yet) which I thought was good. don't want to have to re-learn how to ride a sled. it's definitely easier to carve endless donuts with the XM, I can do it with mine, just takes a little more commitment and balance. the XM is for sure easier to ride on the panel, but it did "pop up" on me a few times in marginal snow.

the RER button concerned me a bit, I have never once accidentally hit reverse on mine, seems much more possible with the huge button on the XM....is it just me? the prototype I rode didn't have the rigid strap, I cannot comment on that....but we ran rigid steel "D" style mountain bars for years. dangerous? sure....but somehow we dealt with it then too. as for the little bit of storage the XM has, it is truly appreciated coming from an '08 with ZERO storage capacity.

kakwa2012030Medium.jpg

kakwa2012031Medium.jpg

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone on s&m riding the XM this sat??? i know we have it booked for 1:00pm.

does some guy come with you on these rides or you just pick up the sled?? and do you have to ride frisby??

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone on s&m riding the XM this sat??? i know we have it booked for 1:00pm.

does some guy come with you on these rides or you just pick up the sled?? and do you have to ride frisby??

Was on it today. You have to ride with them in a group and yes we had to ride Frisby but they will let you play around. Understand where they are coming from, they let one hero show us where to go and first thing he did was plow in to a gulley and mess up a sled. Was funny when he piled over the bars though.:first:
Vis sucked as it was socked in but the sled was nice when we played around in the trees. Very easy to boondock around with.

Demon700

Reaction score
I spent last saturday and sunday riding the XM 154 in Revelstoke. It was bluebird days and warm. The snow was set a bit and you could go anywhere, but we did manage to find some really good snow further back on Frisby to try it out.

For camparisson I have driven both 2012 and 2011 PRO 163 sleds and Summit X sleds and I have a 154 Freeride.

When I first jumped on the XM it felt very familiar with my Freeride, except for bar position a bit and norrower bars on the XM. At first the bars felt goofy but as I drove it more and more they became really comfortable. I don't beieve there will be any problem witht he reverse button, way out of the way plus if your over certain rpm or speed it will not engage.

The sled felt narrow and lean exactly what the XP Summits needed. The boards took a bit to get used to as I drive a freeride, but what is good is there is about 6inches of wide board right at the foot well that is wider like the freeride and then taper back. I noticed being able to position your foot further forward right away when decending down hills to get the weight to the front worked way awesome for that and being able to dig the front end in to make a sharp turn. It handles lighter and more responsive then the XP summit and the PRO sleds in my opinion, infact I couldnt tell the weight difference between the PRO or XM. What i did notice is with the narrow and rounded bottom of the body is the 16inch track and way more traction cause the body is not hanging up in the snow. The body does not interfere on the steep stuff anymore. I am sure it is also due to the edges of the track being able to flex and actually give more footprint on the snow when sidehilling. Although it was very FLICKABLE it felt stable as well and balanced really well. I ride wrong foot forward all the time and it works even better on the new XM specially with the low and short seat. Some guys say you dont need to ride wrong foot forward on the XM much, they are really missing out on what the sled can do. You can actually turn that thing around in its own track when you plant your one foot in the snow. The T-motion works really well and helps initiate the first move to get the sled on edge. The T-motion seems solid and strong being able to take the abuse. As for power, its all etec it is linear smooth and constant. It is not an instant hit like some other sleds which makes a person feel like it cannot build speed to climb, but it does and it does it strong, better the the 2012 sleds so Doo must have did some tweaking there as well. Exhaust is the same so the cans are interchangeable for 12 to 13 as well. the side panels are extremely flexible and can take a beating, they are also smooth which means finally an easy Doo panel to clean!! I do think the XM is a better tech riding sled then the PRO for sure, it makes a beginner goo and a good rider awesome. I loved it and snowchecked an all black 154, I only wish i could have it for next weekend!

Top Bottom